Palladium Group Senior Technical Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Palladium Group Senior Technical Advisor Jobs in Kenya
USAID’s Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM)
Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) is a USAID-funded activity that is designed to unlock $400 million in investment for key sectors of Kenya’s economy, including agriculture, and for regional trade and investment opportunities under the Prosper Africa initiative. The activity addresses constraints on both the supply and demand sides of investment transactions and is building a market system that will mobilize substantial capital from the public and private sectors. By building local partnerships among stakeholders in the financial system, KIM is stimulating the power of the private sector to accelerate Kenya’s journey to self-reliance.
KIM provides smart incentives and capacity building support to both business advisory service providers (BASPs) and financial institutions (FIs). These incentives are designed to create a sustainable ecosystem for businesses to access finance and investments needed to expand and grow. Business transactions are further supported by a diverse range of sustainable partnerships--with and among strategic businesses, institutions, government counterparts (county and national) and other development partners. These partnerships will lead to scaling and replicating creative approaches to unlock finance and investments, reduce risks of extending credit to the agriculture and energy sectors, and offer testing of innovative business models that can be scaled.
The Palladium Group:
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
In addition to working with Business Advisory Service Providers (BASPs) and Financial Institutions( FIs), KIM partners with a range of organizations and private sector partners to achieve capital mobilization at scale. The program has formed nine (9) such strategic partnerships (SPs) to-date and seeks to establish one (1) more during the current fiscal year and three (3) more during year four of the project.
To support the objectives as detailed in each SP’s Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), KIM may refer high-performing BASPs to strategic partner firms to support product development and/or blended finance solutions, use sub-award resources to subsidize proof of concept so that financing products can be made available to thousands of new customers in KIM’s target sectors, or provide other forms of support as appropriate.
Scope of Work Objective
KIM seeks external technical assistance from an
experienced consultant to drive these initiatives forward, providing hands-on support and strategic guidance to ensure that they achieve their objectives, and to identify new SPs for Y3 and Y4.
The consultant is expected to:
• Provide oversight management, working closely with company counterparts to achieve the results outlined in each strategic partnership;
• Establish a workplan and performance metrics for each partnership based on existing MOUs;
• Monitor progress against the workplan and performance metrics and hold relevant parties accountable via monthly check-ins to ensure initiatives continue to move forward;
• Supervise/coordinate recruitment of Short Term Technical Assistant (STTA), as needed, to support the partnerships;
• Provide direct STTA, as appropriate, to support the partnerships;
• Identify and facilitate signed MOUs with one (1) new strategic partner by September 30, 2021, and three (3) new strategic partners by December 31, 2021;
• Attend relevant project meetings;
• Provide monthly progress reports to KIM;
• Contribute monthly stories of interest per quarter to KIM weekly report;
• Contribute strategic partnerships section to KIM quarterly and annual reports;
• Other tasks as necessary.
The consultant will submit the following deliverables.
Deliverables Due Date
Workplans and performance metrics for nine existing SPs April 1, 2021 STTA SOWs, as needed, including short-listing and recommendation of best candidates Ongoing
MOU with one (1) new strategic partner September 30, 2021
MOU with three (3) new strategic partners December 31, 2021
Monthly progress reports 5th business day each month
One 500-word story per month for KIMSights weekly report 15th business day each month
Strategic partnerships section for quarterly/annual reports 10 days after quarter end
Deliverables will be subject to review, revision, and final approval by KIM.
Duration of Service
The work is expected to begin o/a April 1, 2021, and end on December 31, 2021. The level of effort to complete this consultancy is approximately 80 days.
Required qualifications and experience of the consultant:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
• At least 10 years’ experience in finance and enterprise development work, preferably in Kenya
• Experience working with/managing assignments with senior government and private sector stakeholders
• Knowledge of agribusiness and SME finance
• Experience supervising consultants
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Palladium Group Senior Technical Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!