Palladium Group KIM Internship Program Jobs in Kenya
Palladium Group KIM Internship Program Jobs in Kenya
Background The Feed the Future Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) Program is a five-year project (2018 – 2023) that is one of USAID’s “Market Systems Suite” projects that aims to increase agricultural production and reduce poverty and malnutrition in Kenya.
The overall purpose of the KIM program is to create a sustainable, market-based ecosystem for finance and investment through mobilizing capital into the horticulture, dairy, livestock, and clean energy value chains (Value Chains), and facilitating an enabling environment conducive to investment.
The focus is on strengthening Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) working in the following value chains: dairy, livestock, and horticulture (mango, passion fruit, avocado, banana, pineapple, sweet potato, and African leafy vegetables).
The KIM program will mobilize private capital into target Value Chains through innovative smart incentives and building partnerships with key actors that can deliver access to market, know-how, and technology to drive Value Chain competitiveness.
Concurrently, KIM will lead policy reform efforts focused on removing barriers inhibiting large-scale investment into the target sectors, therefore unlocking further finance.
The two objectives of KIM will result in the project serving as an investment platform that mobilizes substantial capital from the public and private sectors and builds partnerships between stakeholders in the financial ecosystem, ultimately contributing to USAID’s overall goal of fostering broad-based, sustained, and inclusive economic growth in Kenya.
The KIM project will focus on businesses located in, or doing business in, the following target counties: Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Kisumu, Siaya, Kakamega, Bungoma, Busia, Vihiga, Kitui, Makueni, Taita Taveta, Isiolo, Marsabit, Turkana, Garissa and Wajir counties.
The Palladium Group:
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities, and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental, and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The KIM internship program offers recent graduates practical experience in business working environment and provide opportunity to build careers in financial sector.
These positions are available in the KIM’s office based in Nairobi and is
open to Kenyan Citizens below the age of 35 years and seeking to fulfill the experience requirement for respective job needs.
For qualified, motivated applicants, these positions offer exposure to virtually all facets of data compilation, verification, entry, analysis, interpretation and accounting to ensure that appropriate and accurate data is collected for operational and contractual purposes.
• Effectively collect, compile, verify accuracy and sort data according to priorities and prepare source data for both operational and contractual obligations as guided by the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager,
• Review and verify data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output,
• Enter data into database software and check to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted,
• Respond to information requests from authorized members,
,li> The minimum requirement for this role includes:
• Completed a degree within the last 3 years from any of the following – Business administration Commerce (Accounting & Finance), Monitoring & Evaluation, Banking, Statistics, Certified Public Accountant– K, Chartered Financial Analyst, Certified Information Systems Auditor or related courses,
• Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office (experience with Microsoft excel required),
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail,
• Good communication presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel across counties in Western and Northern region of Kenya,
• Willing to work full time with tight deliverables and deadlines.
Duration of internship; 3 months with possible extension of further 3 months subject to performance.
No of interns needed; 3
Other Engagement terms
• The Interns will agree to operate under the values and ethics of the Palladium development and consultancy Ltd.
• A certificate of participation/recommendation will be issued by the Palladium development and consultancy ltd upon successful completion of the program.
Applications will be accepted until February 8th, 2021, at 11:59 PM East African time.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Palladium Group KIM Internship Program Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.