Palladium Group Deputy Chief Of Party Jobs in Kenya
Palladium Group Deputy Chief Of Party Jobs in Kenya
USAID/Feed-the-Future, Kenya Investment Mechanism Kenya Investment Mechanism (KIM) is a five-year USAID funded project that will unlock $400 million of investments to key agricultural value chains, namely horticulture, dairy, livestock, and energy sector.
KIM addresses constraints on the supply-side and demand-side of investment transactions and boosts the enabling environment (policy and regulations) to promote the flow of capital for business expansion.
Through the mobilization of capital and building partnerships between stakeholders in the financial ecosystem, KIM supports USAID's overall goal of fostering broad-based, sustainable, and inclusive economic growth for Kenya.
KIM provides business transaction support through diverse range of sustainable partnerships--with and among businesses, institutions, government counterparts (county and national) and other development partners.
These partnerships will lead to scaling and replicating creative approaches to unlock finance and investments, reduce risks of extending credit to the agriculture and energy sectors, and offer testing of innovative business models that can be scaled.
The Palladium Group:
Palladium is the implementing organization behind KIM. As a global leader in the design, development, and delivery of Positive Impact, Palladium creates enduring social and economic value.
We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
The Deputy Chief of Party will directly support the Chief of Party in successful management of the project, both administratively and programmatically, in line with client expectations.
As the Demand Side Opportunities Lead, s/he will be responsible for enacting supporting policies and generating demand for financing and investment. In the absence of the COP, the DCOP will assume management responsibility for the project.
• Support the Chief of Party in the successful management of all administrative and programmatic functions and activities, in line with the project’s Scope of Work and approved annual work plans.
• In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as the project representative, liaising directly with USAID, GOK, Palladium HQ, local implementing partners, and the local private sector
• Oversee project technical implementation and successfully deliver work plan activities and annual target indicators. Directly responsible for delivering assigned work plan activities and project indicators
• Lead the annual work plan process, providing sound business acumen and strategic leadership that address the objectives of the project.
• Lead the Opportunities Team, responsible for generating demand for financing and investment, in targeted sectors, and building a transaction pipeline of at least $800 million.
build the capacity of, and oversee a network of transaction advisors to successfully identify, support and close financial transactions that contribute at least 30% to the total capital mobilized objectives.
• Produce effective written reports and oral presentations on the program, including preparing periodic reports, adaptive learning on developmental challenges facing the program, and articulating (written and oral) the program’s success in meeting deliverables.
• Supervise and manage staff as assigned, including organizing their work, providing regular professional support and coaching, assessing their performance and recommending improvements to help them meet their annual objectives and project’s goals.
• Participate in the development of implementation strategies, analyze existing processes, design and implement new procedures, review budgets, coordinate teams, and locate bottlenecks and recommend ways to streamline processes.
• Oversee public-private partnerships developed for the project, facilitating linkages between the Government of Kenya and potential private sector entities and investors.
• Identify, design, and manage private sector strategic partnerships that unlock financing at scale.
• Manage STTA: develop SOWs and budgets, assist with recruiting and hiring, manage performance within cost and time constraints, and ensure final reporting/completion of activity.
• Oversee weekly, quarterly, and annual reports - contributing significantly to the technical and adaptive learning aspects of said reports.
• Conduct internal travel to rural Kenya as directed to ensure successful project implementation (allowing for COVID19 restrictions).
• Master’s Degree in a relevant subject (MBA, MA in Business, Economics, International Development, etc.) or a BA and 10+ years of relevant experience.
• Eight years of financing/investment experience (10 preferred).
• Five years of project and people management experience (10 preferred): overseeing operations/implementation of activities, and ensuring alignment with project goals, managing to budgets, coordinating teams, managing employee performance, etc.
• Five years of experience (10 preferred) on finance sector projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
• Good knowledge of finance and investment for SMEs and experience working with the commercial banking sector in East Africa, Kenyan financial sector experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated soft skills: critical thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, detail-oriented, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Proven experience developing and finalizing high quality deliverables.
• Excellent verbal, written, presentation communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically
• Kenyan professionals preferred.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Palladium Group Deputy Chief Of Party Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.