Oxfam Public Health Engineering/Promotion Team Lead-Nakivale Jobs in Uganda
Oxfam Public Health Engineering/Promotion Team Lead-Nakivale Jobs in UgandaJob Details Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Governance and Accountability, Resilient Livelihoods and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults.
Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks .
• The primary responsibility of this position is to coordinate and lead in the implementation of Oxfam’s Public Health programme focusing on community participation in the overall refugee assistance, community engagement for action and capacity building of Oxfam, District & partner staff and community volunteers to better manage public health risks.
• To support start-up/implementation of Public Health promotion and Public Health Engineering components of Oxfam humanitarian interventions in the newly established settlement site of Nakivale in Isingiro district.
• The work that will be undertaken will involve assessment, planning and implementation of public health activities in line with the Oxfam’s strategy in Uganda
This position will require a range of skills and experience including;
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil and Or Water Engineering with a bias in Public Health educational background. Experience could substitute for a formal qualification, but not vice versa.
• Advanced degree in Public Health, project planning and management is an added advantage.
• Over 5 years’ experience implementing Public Health Engineering programs in humanitarian settings.
• Extensive experience working in emergency response programs. and in team and project management including budget management.
• Excellent written and spoken English is essential (good communicator).
• Fluency in local language is a MUST and at ease in working with local communities and in remote areas.
• Ability to work under stress and to deadlines often at short notice;
• Strong interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
• Ability to present concise reports and proposals, reflecting the problems and possible solutions.
• To be familiar with and abide by the NGO/Red Cross Code of Conduct, the People in Aid Code, Oxfam International procedures and other regulatory codes/protocols (e.g. Sphere Minimum Standards, MR WASH etc).
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Oxfam Public Health Engineering/Promotion Team Lead-Nakivale Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.