Oxfam External Advert-SIDA PM Jobs in South Sudan
Oxfam External Advert-SIDA PM Jobs in South Sudan
• Responsible for the overall management of the program. Monitor overall implementation of the program and propose adaptations needed to achieve objectives, improve integration of approaches, and improve coordination with the partners.
• Convene and lead the Project Supervision Group whose primary purpose is to have an oversight on the effective implementation of program as well as the risk mitigation plan including timely communication and facilitating their overall decision making. Ensure effective mechanisms for information sharing and cooperation.
• Line manage a multi-sectoral team and ensure annual reviews and workplans according to Oxfam’s performance reviews and HR processes. Participate in developing budgets and carry out budget monitoring and expenditure forecasting. Mitigate financial risks through appropriate management of funds, plans significant financial spend in consultation with APMs and is accountable for the budget phasing, budget amendments and uploading to the OPAL (PeopleSoft).
• Ensures that gender and protection are integrated and mainstreamed in all stages of program cycle to promote safe programming.
• Ensure timely delivery of quality narrative and financial reports to Oxfam IBIS. Ensure the timely reporting of budget reallocations requests and/or needed amendments.
• Lead in monitoring, reporting, and learning initiatives including research generation and collection of data for evidence-based policy influencing in close partnership with project partners, relevant country office teams, and Oxfam IBIS.
• Ensure the institutional capacity development of staff and partner organizations to ensure coherent implementation across the project.
• Jointly with MEAL, oversee the monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning activities, including the set-up of the feedback and complaint mechanism, and safeguarding policies and code of conduct.
• Ensure the adherence of partners to approved budgets and agreed project frameworks and agreements. Represent Oxfam in appropriate humanitarian and development fora at a local and national levels with government authorities, UN organizations, NGO’s and donor agencies as delegated by DCD - Programs.
• Also represent the project to key stakeholders and provide them with information on objectives, risks, constraints, and progress.
• Ensure visibility and communication of day to day activities in line with SIDA and Oxfam’s Communication and Visibility guidelines.
• Support the development of a programme advocacy strategy in line with the goals and objectives of the programme.
• Ensure adherence to policies and regulations of Oxfam and the donor.
• Ensure that all activities in the project are conflict sensitive and take gender issues fully into account.
• Oversees the recruitment, training, orientation and induction of project staff reporting to the incumbent.
• Ensures excellent people management and development of staff in accordance with Oxfam’s performance management policies: developing job profiles, setting performance objectives, regular feedback, mid-year review and annual performance review of the staff managed.
• Make regular visit fields to monitor program implementation and offer field colleagues technical support, along with necessary tools: debrief the APMs, prepare visit report, with clear findings and actions, and build capacity of field teams.
• Other Responsibilities
• Performs other duties, as assigned.
• Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights
• Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.Skills and Competence:
• Post-graduate degree in social/political sciences, arts or in a humanitarian and development assistance related field.
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant project management experience (staff management, implementation of multisector/complex projects, budget development and variance analysis, project monitoring & evaluation) in fragile/humanitarian contexts, including in a leading position. Preferable experience in South Sudan with relevant management experience in food security and livelihoods, disaster risk
reduction, transformative quality education, gender and conflict sensitive education programming, emergency and development/resilience programme management with non-governmental organizations and good understanding of relevant humanitarian issues..
• Proven people and finance management experience at a strategic level with evidence of leading and managing a specific area of expertise providing clarity and focus of vision and impact strategic planning and decision making and the delivery of agreed results.
• Good knowledge of and experience with donor funding environment and financial Management skills with experience of project budgeting and controlling financial risks.
• Strong program management and ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance.
• Good knowledge of formal and non-formal gender and conflict sensitive education approaches and systems in general and understanding of contextual issues relevant to education of refugees and IDPs in the region. Good understanding of Education policy issues and knowledge of the key actors in this field in the region, continentally and globally.
• Good knowledge of nutrition and food security related issues in humanitarian and development including assessments, innovations, and programming.
• Experience in organizational representation, coordination, and liaison.
• Experience in narrative and financial reporting of complex projects to international donors.
• Excellent analytical and conceptual, planning, organizational, and leadership skills.
• Excellent inter-personal communication, negotiation, and problem-solving capacities.
• Knowledge of capacity building, learning and development activities and how to create a learning and sharing environment with a strong knowledge management basis.
• Experience in implementing and managing projects with partner networks and commitment to and knowledge of supporting partner organizations to achieve direct impact and results relating to the project objectives.
• Fluency in written and spoken English. (Arabic or any other language .Do we want to put other languages as an example)
• Strong computer literacy.
• Commitment to Oxfam mission, values, and policies.
• Ability to manage stress, multi-task and take decisions.
• Job will require to spend 40% time in the field and travel within South Sudan.How to apply Deadline for submission of applications is 13 April 2021. Interested Applicants should send soft copies of their CVs and Cover letters to
NB: Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those that are suitable to work within our values are recruited to work for us. This post is subject to a range of screening checks.
Find daily jobs in South Sudan. Jobs - South Sudan jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South Sudan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Sudan.
Jobs in South Sudan - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Sudan.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Sudan posted and updated daily - click here!