Options Consultancy Technical Officer Jobs in Kenya
Options Consultancy Technical Officer Jobs in Kenya Job DetailsOptions Consultancy Services Limited is a leading global health consultancy established in 1992 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Marie Stopes International.
We manage health programmes that ensure vulnerable women and children can access the high-quality health services they need.
We work with partners to co-create and implement locally informed solutions to complex health problems.
This includes governments, development partners, NGOs, civil society and health workers.
Our programming is flexible, evidence-based and politically informed.
This means we adapt to changing contexts, use data to inform our decisions and ensure our approach is appropriate.
Our focus is always on building local skills and systems that last. Our headquarters is based in London, UK with offices in Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and Nepal
Options Consultancy Services seeks a Technical Officer to work within the Evidence for Action-MamaYe programme in Bungoma County in Kenya.
The post holder will provide programmatic and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) support for the successful delivery of the programme.
Evidence for Action–MamaYe (E4A–MamaYe) is a programme managed by Options Consultancy Services and funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (the foundation) to improve reproductive, maternal, new born, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) outcomes through a combined focus on evidence, advocacy and accountability in several sub-Saharan African countries.
In Kenya, we support coalitions, maternal and perinatal death surveillance and response (MPDSR) committees, County Monitoring and Evaluation Technical Working Groups, Mid-Term Expenditure Framework (MTEFs) Technical Working Groups to have the capacity to advocate for progress on for reproductive, maternal, new born, child and adolescent health (RMNCAH) nationally and through focused work in Bungoma and Nairobi counties.
The focus of the current investment from the foundation is to build the sustainability of our approaches so that coalitions are empowered with the knowledge and tools to operate independently and are supported to identify priorities and to develop strategies to achieve them.
The role is intended to provide support to the Bungoma County Advisor programmatically and administratively.
S/he will work closely with the Bungoma County Advisor reporting to them.
The role will be based at Options’ office in Bungoma.
The Technical Officer will provide support in civil society organisation (CSO) capacity building initiatives, monitoring and documentation of E4A Bungoma activities, help in keeping track of milestones and deliverables, help gather supporting evidence and documenting learnings. .
• Support in the delivery of quality E4A activities in Bungoma in a quality and timely manner
• Contribute to the reporting on programme progress, tracking results, documenting lessons, and monitoring and evaluation
• An undergraduate degree in health sciences, social sciences, M&E, or similar discipline
• Experience of supporting a health programme for at least two years, particularly in the field of advocacy and evidence-based policy and/or capacity building
• Experience in producing and/or contributing to external reports and/or research papers
• Experience of working in Kenya in a relevant capacity and with governments; international agencies and local NGOs
• Excellent skills in communication, written and verbal, including strong writing ability (reports, learning briefs, etc.)
• Ability to organise logistics for programme activities and workshops, including communicating with multiple stakeholders and managing administrative tasks, and technical assistance to CSOs in the area of data analysis and packaging
• Right to live and work in Kenya
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to at Opportunities@options.co.uk .
Candidates should state the role Technical Officer in the subject header
Friday 27th March 2020: Please note that the closing date for this vacancy is for guidance only.
Applications will be screened upon receipt and this vacancy may be closed as soon as sufficient applicants have been received
Please note that this role will be subject to full pre-employment background checks including identification check, employment references, right to work verification, credit check and criminal record check (where appropriate)
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.