Optical Clinic Optical Technician Jobs in Zambia
Optical Clinic Optical Technician Jobs in Zambia The optical technician will prepare high-quality spectacles and lenses that meet the specifications on the prescription and to attend to all spectacle queries.
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills.
• Assist clients with insertion, removal and care of contact lenses
• Use measuring devices to take client measurements including bridge and eye sizes, vertex distance, papillary distance, temple length, optical eye centers for sizes for eyeglasses
• Prepare work orders to the optical laboratory that relate to the grinding and mounting of lenses in the chosen frames
• Verify finished lens spectacles match the optical prescription and order placed
• Make adjustments to frame and lens position to fit a client’s facial structure; shape or reshape frames by heating, shaping or bending plastic and metal frames
• Arrange and maintain optical merchandise displays
• Maintain records of client prescriptions, payments and work orders sent to the laboratory
• Verification of prescriptions with the examining ophthalmologist
• Make recommendations for specific types of lenses, lens coatings and frames according to the clients’ needs
• Handle administrative duties that include tracking inventory, recording sales, submitting patient insurance information, bookkeeping and client records
• Fabricate lenses in accordance with prescription requirements
• Trade certificate is preferred in drafting, art, science, mathematics, and computer technology can increase career opportunities.
• Minimum of two years’ work experience
• Be confident using computer-controlled machinery and software packages.
• Be able to work quickly and accurately and meet exacting production standards.
• Be able to understand prescriptions and produce lenses that meet individual specifications.
• Have good communication and customer service skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their applications, curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to:
The Human Resource Manager via email:
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.