Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Executive Director Jobs in Uganda
Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Executive Director Jobs in Uganda The Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa (OSIEA) was founded in 2005 as a part of the global Open Society Foundations (OSF) network.
OSIEA seeks an Executive Director to be responsible for developing and delivering on OSIEA's strategic vision, managing a high-calibre and geographically-dispersed team, and overseeing internal and external processes, in line with the organisation's objectives, policies and procedures.
The Executive Director reports to OSIEA's Board of Directors and to the OSF network as a whole through the Africa Regional Director .
As the Executive Director of OSIEA you will
• Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of the organisation's strategic plan;
• Provide overall technical guidance on programme formulation and implementation with all OSIEA programmes;
• Be Secretary to Board meetings, provide accurate and timely programme, human resource and financial reports to the Board and maintain excellent communications and working relationships between the Board and staff;
• Matrix manage to the OSF network through the Africa Regional Director and keep the African Regional Office and OSF's leadership up-to-date and well-briefed on developments within the countries under OSIEA's mandate, with particular attention to enabling coordinated advocacy on the same when necessary;
• Represent OSIEA within the OSF network; nurture and develop collaboration with regional and national foundations in addition to geographic and thematic programmes;
• Oversee management and monitoring of, as well as accounting for, OSIEA's financial resources in line with its values, mission, strategic priorities and related budgets; Develop the professional capabilities of a high-level team, encouraging team members to own the work of the foundation as a whole;
• Ensure that OSIEA's operations are based on the principles of equity, inclusion and diversity.
We are looking for
• Comprehensive knowledge of east Africa and the Horn's human rights/social justice, social, political and economic situation, including its political and civic actors, its grant making terrain and substantive knowledge of the field;
• At least 15 years work experience in a non-profit foundation, association of NGOs and/or a nationwide or sub-regional NGO, think tank, academic institution, public administration, media or other areas requiring strong leadership, management, and communications; including at least eight years of managerial experience at senior level in a complex institution;
• Experience in strategic leadership, programme and project management, including monitoring and evaluation, as well as financial and human resources management and grant making;
• Advocacy experience in/on the sub-region.
• An effective listener and communicator with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds;
• Demonstrated ability to inspire, mentor and positively influence others, enhance employee
• engagement and empower managers and teams to achieve results in OSIEA's best interests;
• Proven success in driving the effective functioning and operationalization of organizational structures, policies, processes and procedures to achieve strategic goals;
• The ability to determine importance, urgency and risks, and make clear, timely decisions in the best interests of the organization and OSF as a whole;
• Excellent analytical, communication and organisational skills;
• Ability to assess problems, identify causes, demonstrate open-mindedness in accommodating alternative views on possible solutions and make recommendations on the same;
• Excellent verbal and written English language skills; additional languages of east Africa and the Horn a plus.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate significant personal, professional and political commitment to the advancement of open society values across east Africa and the Horn and detailed understanding of the region's historical context and economic, political and social landscape.
• S/he will bring substantive analytical skills to bear in designing strategy that meaningfully promotes human rights and social justice in east Africa and the Horn.
• S/he will need to be experienced in and enjoy navigating a complex stakeholder terrain, and have an instinctive understanding of how to build and leverage relationships in support of OSIEA's mission.
• Operating on the highest ethical and fiduciary standards will be fundamental to success in this role and the Executive Director is expected to embody the values that OSIEA seeks to promote.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Open Society Initiative for Eastern Africa Executive Director Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.