Old Mutual IT Executive BP - MFC Jobs in South Africa
Old Mutual IT Executive BP - MFC Jobs in South Africa
Job Description The Executive IT Business Partner is responsible for strategy services, change and IT delivery to multiple segments or markets supported. The role provides direction and guidance to multiple Segment Exco’s, partnering to enable the segment strategies through the best information technology (IT) solutions that meet the business needs. This role has end to end accountability for segment specific ADM teams and delivers through the group shared service capabilities and mandated functions.
Key Result Area
• Manages and controls the budgets of multiple segments/markets that pays OML IT for all projects and services. Responsible for budgets covering all phases of information system projects from initiation through to final implementation and benefit delivery.
• In alignment with the OML IT Governance proactively develops principles, disciplines and the procedures required to govern the relationships between the segment/market and OML IT and issues in the provision of IT business services.
• Manages information security and risk, ensuing the mandated OML IT practices are implemented, and escalates risks and issues as required
IT Service Delivery Management
• Manages across areas and technologies, to integrate and deliver an integrated end to end business service.
• Manages segment/market ADM team/s and ensures execution of business strategy.
• Participates in broader Old Mutual group forums and ensure the segment/markets IT needs are met.
• Delivers segment/market specific IT capabilities and services.
• Agrees with the segments and manages with OML IT the SLAs based on business need. Monitors, reports and escalates issues relating to these. Ensures the segment/markets expectations are understood and met.
• Responsible for strategic planning of IT for multiple segments/markets and alignment with OML IT Strategy.
• Supports strategic goals of business by providing and demonstrating cost effective business solutions.
• Defines and implements best operating practice for IT in a multiple segments/business areas.
• Defines performance parameters and measurements for IT in multiple segments/markets.
• Develops Managers of Managers & specialists under supervision.
• Drives a culture of high performance and accountability for outcomes.
• Holds first line managers accountable for managerial work, including selection, performance management and talent management.
• Selects potential Manager of Managers to sustain pipeline.
• Provides IT vision, direction and leadership to segments/markets.
and maintains strong relationships with segment partners.
• Provides technology thought leadership to segments/markets,
• Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution centre to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
• Gathers requirements and scope by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners. Ensures transition to the Shared Services for delivery, maintaining a constant oversight throughout the lifecycle to ensure the business outcome is achieve to time and budget.
Strategy Development and execution
• Leads IT strategic planning and owns the Segment IT strategy & architecture for multiple segments ensuring it is delivered via the portfolio.
• Deﬁnes, prioritizes, and manages program and project initiatives
• Tracks ROI for business initiatives including cost, beneﬁts, and risk. Ensures that metrics are used to track value delivery. Provides coaching to business sponsors to achieve.
• Manages the details on cost, value constantly optimizing IT spend (projects and support services).
• Partners with sponsors to ensure that clear business cases exist to support IT investment.
IT thought leadership
• Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies.
• Combines a general knowledge of multiple technology areas with knowledge of the targeted business function to deﬁne and document the business requirements.
• Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conﬂicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions.
• Develops, shares, and leverages best practices across IT.
• IT related tertiary qualification or BSc degree.
• 8 - 10 years management experience in an IT environment, preferably in financial services.
• 8-10 years programme management / service management experience.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Old Mutual IT Executive BP - MFC Jobs in South Africa
Find daily jobs in South Africa. Jobs - South Africa jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest South African job positions, career opportunities & jobs in South Africa.
Jobs in South Africa - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in South Africa.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in South Africa posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.