NRC Finance Technical Assistant Jobs in Uganda
NRC Finance Technical Assistant Jobs in UgandaDuties and responsibilities
• Ensure safe custody of NRC finances and keep the petty cash float, to be issued in accordance with NRC policies and procedures.
• Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, compliance, level of authorization and clarity on the invoices
• Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
• Support in ensuring that accurate and timely accounts are submitted to the Finance Coordinator in Kampala by 5th of every month in accordance with NRC financial policies and procedures.
• Assemble documents for data input in the accounting system, verify and register project numbers/codes, resource numbers and total costs.
• Prepare and review payment vouchers and invoices for accuracy and reconcile discrepancies.
• Follow cash advances and their purposes and ensure value for money when verifying accountabilities with the Finance Coordinator.
• Make all payments including field payments after approval by the Project respective authorities.
• Compile and verify the accuracy of necessary documents by the Finance Coordinator.
• Maintain open communication with program staff, NRC Kampala and others for all financial clarifications.
• Ensure timely scanning of all vouchers, proof of payments and TCP before month closure.
• Ensure accurate maintenance of all NRC financial and accounting files and transactions
• Ensure proper management of accounting documents and records.
• Help the Finance Coordinator prepare monthly financial reports for submission to the
• Coordinate financial matters with third parties like banks, vendors and tax authorities.
• Make sure all financial documents for Kampala and Field offices are archived in the Country Office storePersonal qualities
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Strict attention to policy and practice detail
• Very strong financial analysis skills and Good knowledge on financial reporting systems
• High integrity
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to function independently and as a work team leader/facilitatorQualifications
• University Degree in Accounting and Finance
• CPA or ACCA qualification
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• At least 3 years’ experience in an INGO environment an added advantage
• Excellent computer skills with hands on experience on computerized accounting systems; and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.How to Apply For more information and job application details, see; NRC Finance Technical Assistant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!