Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority Director, Private Sector Investment Promotion Jobs in Kenya
Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority Director, Private Sector Investment Promotion Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsOverview of the OrganizationThe Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority (NCTTCA) is a Regional Inter-Governmental Institution composed of six (06) Member States of Burundi.
DR Congo, Kenya, Rwanda South Sudan and Uganda.
Its Mandate is to oversee the implementation of the Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Agreement (NCITA), to monitor the Corridor Performance and transform the Northern Corridor into a Development Corridor, making it seamless, efficient and smart.
The Northern Corridor's Permanent Secretariat is based in Mombasa, Kenya.
The Director, Private Sector Investment Promotion is responsible to the Executive Secretary for coordination of Public Private Sector partnership and in the transformation of the Northern Corridor into an Economic Development Corridor.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Director, Private Sector Investment Promotion shall carry out the following functions:
• Coordinate the adoption of policies and legal framework for the transformation of the corridor into an economic development Corridor:
• Assist member States to adopt appropriate policies and legal framework for the promotion of public sector partnership for infrastructure and related projects:
• Ensure effective involvement of the private sector in policy formulation and implementation is issues pertaining to the Northern Corridor
• Identify and market key anchor projects along the Northern Corridor:
• Draw up of common policies and investment codes covering the corridor
• Facilitate the development of common Regional policy and legal framework for public partnerships
• Market locally, regionally and internationally, investment opportunities along the corridor
• Integrate social dimensions and impacts such as HIV/AIDS. Safety & Security. Gender and Poverty alleviation through PPP activities
• Prepare departmental budgets and ensure effective implementation
• Prepare working documents and actively participate in the successful organization of the Technical Committee for Private Sector Investment Promotion other related workshops and Policy organs Meetings
• Undertake any other related activities that may be assigned by the supervisor.
• Excellent analytical problem solving, interpersonal presentation and communication skills ID High degree of independent, mature judgement and initiative
• Ability to conceptualize issues and analyses data
• Ability to work harmoniously with people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds
• High ability to exercise discretion
• Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines and results-oriented
• Ability to excel in a fast paced, multifaceted team environment
• High professional integrity and ethical conduct
• Leadership skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
• Strong presentation skills.
Qualifications & Experience
• Master's Degree in Macro Economics or Development Economics majoring in Private Sector and investment promotion (or related areas) from recognized University
• A minimum of often years’ experience at national, regional or international level having held similar positions
• Proficiency in Computer is a must.
• Proficiency in English or French
• Maximum age of 48 years at the time of recruitment
• Appointment terms are 4-year fixed-term contract renewable twice only
• The post is open to Kenya Nationals only
• Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their resume, certified copies of certificates and testimonials and a Cover letter explaining their suitability for the position.
In addition, applicants are required to provide details of at least three referees (not friends), one of whom should be the most recent Supervisor.
Applications should be sent to:
The Principal Secretary,
State Department for Regional & Northern Corridor Development
Ministry of East African Community & Regional Development
Kenya Railways Headquarters Building Block "D", 4 Floor
Workshop Road, Off Haile Selassie Avenue,
P.O. Box 59944-00200 City Square,
Or email to: email@example.com
The deadline for submission of applications is 24th July 2020
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions,career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.