Nokia MLPS Engineer Jobs in Kenya
Nokia MLPS Engineer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsNokia Corporation, stylised as NOKIA, is a Finnish multinational communications and information technology company, founded in 1865.
Nokia is headquartered in Espoo, Uusimaa, in the greater Helsinki metropolitan area.
The selected candidate will be in Managed services environment providing technical leadership and mentorship/knowledge transfer in the PS Core domain handing ERICSSON Core PS Equipment i.e. ERICSSON SGSN/MME/GGSN/EPG/SGW/SAPC/SACC/DNS.
You will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and daily checks of the Nodes as well as trouble shooting, resolving and escalating any issues within the Packet Core and Packet Data Services.
You will be required to detail plan, implement, support and maintain the Core Edge, 3G, and LTE technologies.
You will also be required to support in co-design, implementation and deployment of the ancillary networks that surround the Core Networks, such as MPBN,Access Network, IN Network, CS Core Network and Data Products.
You must have at least 4 years experience in UNIX/Linux administration, and at least 3 years integration and support experience in Ericssson 2G/3G/4G Data Technologies.
Knowledge of Ericsson MPBN and Cisco CCNA is an added advantage.
Main activities are listed but not limited to below
• Core PS nodes software upgrades/updates
• Second level Support for PS Core EDGE/UMTS and LTE of Ericsson Vendor equipments - including equipment surveillance, operations and configurations
• Configuration Management (generate and implement data transcript)
• Ensure Service levels and MTTR (Mean Time To Restore) are upheld within the Customer Network by providing leadership in troubleshooting and fault restoration.
• Perform Ericsson PS Core network performance and optimization activities to ensure network KPI's are maintained and/or improved on agreed thresholds
• Technical Capability development, training and knowledge transfer for PS Core Team in the Ericsson Packet Core and MPBN enviroment
• Coordinate Level 1/2 technical support;
Ensure proper Customer follow-up and escalation. Facilitate identification of control mechanisms and critical action/recovery paths for the relevant system components.
• Manage equipment Vendor and Customer communication to get closure agreement on raised complaints and tickets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• You will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and daily checks of the Packet Core Nodes as well as trouble shooting, resolving and escalating any issues within the Packet Core and Packet Data Services.
• You will be required to detail plan, implement, support and maintain the core Gprs/ Edge, 3G/Hsdpa/Hsupa and LTE technologies.
• You will also be required to support in co-design, implementation and deployment of the ancillary networks that surround the Core Networks, such as MPBN,Access Network, IN Network, CS Core Network and Data Products.
• Closure of assigned TTs and Customer Complaints within SLA
• Define E2E Data Performance Measurement Strategy - what to measure specific to Data (Handset, RAN, SGSN,MME, EPG(SGW/PGW), Content Optimization) and Data Services (email, web-browsing, video), to understand customer experience and use this to drive network and engineering actions for KPI improvement.
• Determine correlation- dependencies between Application- Packet Core – RAN KPIs (Radio Access Network) - Handsets as well as the IP transport Network.
• Performing Software and Hardware updates and upgrades on Packet core nodes
• Follow-up, tracing & verification of packet core Work Orders execution.
• Ensuring data integrity of daily outage tracker on for packet core incidents
• Preparation and Validation of Incident report and Cause Analysis for Packet Core incidents
• Folloup & timely delivery of dump requirements from Other Domains (RA,IT etc)
• Verification and followup for timely closure of domain TTs
• Conducting daily domain review of domain KPI's and associated reports, Raising issue to relevant Teams to fix any Dips.
• Participate in Emergency handling
• Provide local domain support to TSG (1st Level Engineering Team) and NOC
• Surveillance/Local Monitoring of domain nodes ( SGSN, GGSN, SAPC, SACC etc)
• Spare and inventory management for Packet core nodes
• Customer Interface for Packet Core
• Review of daily Health check, Active alarms & hardware fault reports for Packet core nodes.
Staff needs to fulfil the following additional requirement
• Participation in Weekly Core Review meetings
• Review of domain CSR's with the Equipment Vendors.
• Review and participation in weekly review of Health Checks and Preventive Maintenance scripts for Packet core nodes( SGSN, GGSN, SAPC,SACC).
• Planning of new Products/Platforms/Nodes/Sites implementation for packet core domain
• Verification and followup for Backup trackers for Packet core domain
• Support Ericsson MPBN and IP requirements if required
• Create PowerPoint and Graphing representations of MPBN and Packet-Core KPIs, Interface Utilization and System Utilization on a Weekly basis
• Support of new Packet Core nodes/products – ATPs, SITs and UATs
• Packet Core CRF ( Configuration Request Form ) Preparations and CR presentation in CMB (change management board), CR creation in PT4 online tool
• To support on new or existing project work
• To monitor on access/security in Packet Core Equipment (logical/physical).
• To escalate to Operations Director /SLM Core Manager for any issues or on any unsolved matters.
• To report weekly on running activity related to Packet Core.
• To report on KPI on weekly/monthly basis.
• To track on hardware and software utilization and health before service impact.
• To ensure all Operation and Maintenance job/achievement are within KPI requirements.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Nokia MLPS Engineer Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.