Nithio Legal Counsel Jobs in Kenya
Nithio Legal Counsel Jobs in Kenya
The successful candidate will work closely with the management team to draft, review, and negotiate complex agreements in support of Nithio’s operations.
As a lean, entrepreneurial company, flexibility and willingness to pitch in wherever needed is critical; working with a talented team of finance and data professionals to provide practical and commercial legal input to facilitate Nithio’s growth strategy.
Nithio is a venture-backed finance and data analytics platform that uses AI and machine learning techniques to improve credit scoring capabilities for businesses, capital providers, governments, and other stakeholders in the distributed renewable energy sector across Africa. The company aims to address the acute need for modern, clean energy access on the continent by providing a sustainable infrastructure for capital delivery, offering state-of-the-art underwriting tools, and a powerful information sharing platform for stakeholders to identify high-need grant recipients and credit-worthy customers.
This position will require experience and expertise in:
• Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a range of commercial contracts including non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements, loan agreements, security documents, service level agreements, corporate documentation, operating agreements, capital markets documentation, and M&A transaction documentation, including joint venture agreements;
• Providing practical legal and commercial input and advice to support Nithio’s growth strategy, including new products, services, and partnerships;
• Providing a point of contact for legal advice and transaction management support to the Finance team in relation to the origination of the Nithio Financial Intermediary’s loan portfolio;
• Working with business principals across functional teams in finance, operations, and data to evaluate and carry out due diligence on potential borrowers, by presenting legal and regulatory analysis to the Investment Committee and reviewing external advisor reports;
• Collaborating with external advisors and colleagues across functional teams to find solutions to tax, regulatory, compliance, ESG, contractual, risk, and operational issues;
• Managing multiple projects, transactions, and deadlines simultaneously with careful legal analysis and attention to detail;
Exercising sound legal and business judgment in dealing with colleagues, investors, borrowers, and all stakeholders;
• Acting as a trusted adviser to Nithio’s senior management, functional team leads, internal and external stakeholders;
• Instructing and managing external counsel, regulatory and tax advisors;
• Liaising with Nithio Financial Intermediary’s fund administrator, managing transaction costs and producing secondary documentation; consents, board minutes, and resolutions;
• Providing company secretarial support across the group;
• Inputting to and maintaining precedent documentation, including loan documentation, terms of service, policies, and procedures, and other governance documentation.
LLB, J.D. or equivalent with excellent academic credentials.
5+ years of relevant experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a major firm in the financial sector.
Admitted to a recognized bar and holding a current practicing certificate in a relevant jurisdiction.
What We Value
• As a purpose-led company, Nithio seeks to produce a positive environmental and social impact in the markets in which we work.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with cross-functional teams, senior executives, external vendors, and multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent negotiating skills on legal, financial, and commercial issues.
• Results-oriented individual with a proactive and creative approach to problem-solving.
• Proven ability to successfully prioritize multiple, competing priorities while ensuring good outcomes for the negotiating parties and strong attention to detail.
• Entrepreneurial mindset; confidence and can-do attitude.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Nithio Legal Counsel Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to African Jobs.