Nestle Code Compliance & Public Affairs Manager Jobs in Kenya
Nestle Code Compliance & Public Affairs Manager Jobs in Kenya Nestlé Kenya Limited was established in 1967 and is wholly owned by the Nestlé Group.Nestlé Kenya plays a strategic role as part of the Nestlé Equatorial African Region.
The Nairobi factory supplies products tothe local market, in addition to exporting to some EAC, COMESA and European markets. .
A day in the life of...
• Using the Code Management system for the specific clusters/countries as the guiding document to ensure that all activities within the team and region comply with the WHO International Code for the Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes, Nestlé Policy & Procedures and the Local Code.
• Develop background information on issues of concern, analyse their potential impact and present recommendations to management.
• Remain current with issues in Infant and young Child Feeding.
• Provide Leadership in the clusters on all Code-related issues.
• Monitor policy issues, with emphasis on proposed legislations, which would have a significant impact on Nestlé business objectives.
Stakeholder Management & Partnership Building:
• Serve as a contact for the Nutrition Business Unit and develop partnerships with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for 'relation creating initiatives/activities' amongst key government departments, associations, WHO and other critical representatives in order to communicate on issues of importance for our Infant Nutrition business.
• Represent Nestle's position to Government, Local Authority,Interest Groups and Associations.
• Ensure Nestlé maintains a consistent image and profile as a responsible corporate citizen.
• Enhance Nestlé's corporate image and build credibility with stakeholders.
Codes Management System:
• Ensure implementation of local WHOCMS (WHO Code Management System) in every country (clusters 1-5) for daily operational activities.
• Ensure adherence to the Codes and Nestlé Policy & Procedures on the Implementation of the WHO Code.
• Ensure that no direct contact with the general public and preganant women or mothers of infants and young children is undertaken in business capacity (to promote infant formula).
• Review and update the WHOCMS in all clusters every 2 years.
• Ensure that all Nestlé employees and third parties (Distributors, Merchandisers, Wholesalers, etc.) are trained and supported as per the Nestlé Policy & Procedures to ensure compliance of our products in the trade.
• Keep record of all trainings and keep tracking tool updated regularly.
• Ensure Codes & Government Regulation Compliance including monitoring, evaluating and reporting on practices according to the principles and aims od the WHO Code, relevant HA Resolutions, Government Policies & Local Regulations in ESAR clusters 1-5.
• Assist in development of strategy in devising a logical & strategical approach to key issues.
• Execute communications and lobbying initiatives.
• Develop, plan and execute public relations programs that enhance the external perceptions of the company. Interact and works closely with Corporate & Public Affairs
What Will Make You Successful
• Bachelor’s Degree in Food/Nutrition/Science or equivalent qualification.
• 5 years relevant experience in the Food industry
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Regulatory Affairs Environment
• Must have a sound understanding of various levels of Government
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
• Sound understanding of the Audit Process
• Experience in Reputation management
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Nestle Code Compliance & Public Affairs Manager Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.