National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission - Administration and Communications Assistant Jobs in Kenya
National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission - Administration and Communications Assistant Jobs in Kenya The National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission (NGLHRC) is an independent human rights institution that exists to achieve legal and policy reforms towards equality and full inclusion of sexual and gender minorities in Kenya
Working with and reporting to the Operations Manager and Executive Director, the Administration and Communication Assistant is responsible for
supporting the legal and programmes staff and managing NGLHRC’s front desk, ensuring efficient day-to-day operation of our office.
The Administration and Communications Assistant is also responsible for external communications including newsletters and NGLHRC’s social media platforms.
The job is based in Nairobi and may involve travelling within Kenya and in the region.
● Ensure successful implementation of NGLHRC’s communication strategies
● Contribute to NGLHRC’s fundraising strategies through preparation of proposals to prospective and continuing donors
● Conduct research on prospective donors and initiate draft proposals with the program staff.
● Assist in preparation of agendas, minutes of meetings and make arrangements for different program related meetings.
● Assist in the planning and preparation of meetings/conferences and other related issues.
● Attend meetings, prepare minutes and circulate to stakeholders.
● Prepare reports, memos, letters, presentation and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, MS project, MS power point, database, etc.
● Support the Executive Director in identifying and developing effective messages, framing and means for delivering them to reach communication objectives
● Ensure that communications activities promote an accurate image of the organization and its programmes amongst media and other targeted audience
● Prepare materials, guides (e.g. tone of voice guidelines) and other resources (e.g. boiler plate and case statements)
● Oversee the organizational branding, design principles and guidelines for all NGLHRC’s materials and products, ensuring their consistent application
● Prepare and edit news releases, briefing notes, backgrounders, features, media talking points, question and answer documents
● Produce media briefs, kits and timely press releases and build internal capacity to work with media effectively
● Answering the phones and scheduling appointments
● Maintaining documentation management systems, in coordination with the Operations Manager, in both soft and hard copy
● Managing NGLHRC website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
● Maintaining and responding to official NGLHRC communications such as email and Facebook messages
● Managing activities and events held at NGLHRC offices
● Overseeing office upkeep and maintenance of NGLHRC office in coordination with the Operations Manager
● Any other duty assigned by the Operations Manager & Executive Director.
Degree of Expertise and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree
● At least 2 years experience with a non-governmental Organisation (preferred)
● Experience in an administrative support role (preferred)
● Excellent writing, editing and research skills
● Demonstrated track record of success in writing for a range of formats (print, electronic, oral delivery) for a variety of audiences, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
● A confident multi-tasker, able to work effectively under minimum supervision
● Experience and comfort with technology, including the use of the Internet, social media, spreadsheets, databases, Web- and cloud-based enterprise applications such as Google Drive
● Understanding the basics of Human Rights
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Proactive Individual
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; National Gay and Lesbian Human Rights Commission - Administration and Communications Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.