National Drug Authority Head Human Resource & Administration Jobs in Uganda
National Drug Authority Head Human Resource & Administration Jobs in UgandaJob purpose The position is responsible for the planning, development, coordination and implementation of HR Strategy, policies, procedures and guidelines that will support achievement of NDA mandate in compliance with the labour laws and other statutory requirements.
The Head of Human Resources & Administration will also contribute to the strategic direction of National Drug Authority and be responsible for supervision, capacity-building and performance of the department to ensure effective delivery of HR and administration service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the development of an organizational culture that reflects the mandate of NDA,promotes high performance, encourages team building, innovation, and contributes to the delivery of results to the public and relevant development partners.
• Ensure that line managers understand and appropriately lead the management of
performance of employees through effective performance planning, regular reviews and
conducting annual appraisal process in time.
• Design and manage staffing strategies to ensure that the organization plans, attracts, and retains a motivated and qualified workforce capable of meeting organizational challenges
• Ensure that the management team is provided with necessary advice and other relevant
support to enable effective management of human resources in their respective Directorates.
• Oversees the staff compensation system and monitor both the internal equity and external market competitiveness of staff remuneration;
• Ensure Human Resource practices are fair, equitable, and consistent and comply with
Employment Act and other National labour laws.
• Oversees management of NDA office premises, assets, office support operations and
• Lead the preparation of the HR & Administration department workplan and budget, monitor its utilization to ensure value for money in all departmental transactions.
• Supervises the provision of general administrative and logistical support to the organization ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
• Oversee the transport function including use and maintenance of vehicles, fuel consumption, service and maintenance of generators and offer related support to the regional offices.
• Manage, mentor, and develop the capacity of staff in the Human Resources & Administration department, ensuring that they understand their responsibilities and are supported to perform their roles
• Ensure effective management of all tasks related to day-to-day HR management and
• Undertake any other responsibilities, tasks or activities which may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
• A Master’s degree with a specialization in Human Resource Management from a recognized institution.
• A Bachelor ‘s Degree in at least one of the following areas: Human Resource Management, Bachelor of Arts (Social Sciences), Bachelor of Social Work & Social Administration.
• Possession of a post-graduate Diploma in Human Resources Management is an added advantage.
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in Human Resource field in a reputable organization with at least 5 years as a Manager or at senior management level.
• High level of integrity and credibility
• High level of professional people management and customer care skills
• Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, team
building, analytical and negotiation skills.
• Experience in the developing and implementation of HR policies and programs.
• Membership to relevant professional bodies
• Ability to initiate and lead Change management strategies
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; National Drug Authority Head Human Resource & Administration Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.