National Bank of Kenya Senior Manager- Banking Systems Administration Jobs in Kenya
National Bank of Kenya Senior Manager- Banking Systems Administration Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsNational Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry.
It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy.
The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
Senior Manager - Banking Systems Administration develops business banking strategies in order to reach branch sales and service goals. Monitors performance and productivity of the banking systems group.
Being a Business Systems Manager (Banking) aids bank staff in achieving branch and individual sales and service goals.
The Business Systems Manager (Banking) typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity.
He/she is also provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility.
May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
• Prioritizing, monitoring and planning control activities within the CBS in coordination with Internal and External Audit teams
• Development of technical support documentation for banking systems analysts
• Coordination with the Banking systems Manager for development of SLA's
• Establishment of a planning process for performance & capacity review of the CBS and peripheral applications
• Conducting business impact analysis as well as risk & vulnerability assessments on the applications in your docket
• CBS and other related peripheral systems are always available to end-users on a 24 hour basis
• Ensure that CBS and other related peripheral systems daily updates are successfully completed on time
• End user requests are attended to within the acceptable time limit
• Identifying and coordinating core banking system upgrades
• Perform impact review of system changes and enhancements on the various Bank platforms to existing customer solutions offered through solutions delivery and liaise with the Business functions and Operations for the resolution of system related problems and for change management to ensure client satisfaction on solutions delivered.
• Participates in project schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations.
• Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for the Bank to take advantage of new technology.
• Support Business Teams to drive customer focused utilization, penetration and dormancy of all channels while offering a central control point for the various developments, enhancements and Products support.
• Perform applications troubleshooting, problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability as required.
• Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
• Leadership skills
• Organizational Skills
• Communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Team building
• Conflict management
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Personal Attributes
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
• Four (4) years’ experience in a relevant field. Specify which field and indicate how many years’ experience at team leader level.
• Knowledge of AIX and other OS, ITIL, System administration and monitor system performance.
• Knowledge on data analytics and report writing
• Knowledge on SQL, oracle, Linux and IBM tools
• Proficient with computer applications
• Knowledge of banking operations
• Possess working knowledge of AIX Unix and other OS like windows, ITIL etc.
• Banking laws and regulations
• Analytical –highly analytical and ability to challenge status quo based on quantitative facts and impacts
• Report writing-ability to develop reports
• Cost benefit analysis
• Stakeholder Management
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; National Bank of Kenya Senior Manager- Banking Systems Administration Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.