NASE Research Fellow Jobs in Uganda
NASE Research Fellow Jobs in Uganda
Job Details: NASE ( www.nase.co.ug ) is a Social Enterprise set up in 2015 to promote entrepreneurship, initially at vocational colleges and higher education institutions. NASE’s mission has since expanded to include stimulating socio-economic development in the wider community. To achieve this, NASE works with local and international development Partners to deliver our “Launch Programme” – an inspiring programme that focus on supporting youth to address issues in the UN Sustainable Development Goals through Idea stimulation, Selection & Business incubation.
We are looking for a Research Fellow. You will support the NASE team in conducting research, validating data, implementation and evaluation of our “Launch Programme” and formulation of other programs that NASE will roll out. You should have excellent research and data analysis skills, multitasking skills, a passion for entrepreneurship in Uganda, quick to learn and a team player.
• Are you passionate about start-ups, working with people and building communities?
• Do you have discipline, integrity and pay attention to detail?
• Are you looking to start off your career in a vibrant, exciting and educational field?
• Are you organized and possess sound knowledge about the local entrepreneurship / start-up ecosystem?
• Do you possess critical data analytical skills and research methods?
• Do you want to join us in empowering young entrepreneurs in Uganda and drive NASE to the next level? .
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Research design and implementation of the various sectors that our young entrepreneurs work in. i.e writing procedures and scripts for research, coordinating the implementation, managing recruitment of participants, participant communication and payments.
• Data compiling and presentation (including designing figures for papers, paper editing,
• Data analysis: Coding, Review, validation, cleaning and management of data (SPSS & NVIVO knowledge required)
• Background research and literature reviews for writing academic
papers and grants.
• Assist in the development and curation of engaging content for webinars, conferences, workshops, and social media pages.
• Research related administrative tasks.
• Assisting in writing formatting and editing reports and works for dissemination.
• Work with our young entrepreneurs and gain feedback on entrepreneurship and the NASE programmes.
• Contributing to quality of written content including proofreading, formatting and editing documents.
• Grant writing and assisting in the design and formulation of new programmes that NASE will embark on
• Competitive allowance.
• Regular travel for events around the country with the opportunity to interact with young entrepreneurs from all over the country.
• Business related expenses covered (airtime, travel, internet)
• Working with a young, exciting and motivated team
• Mentorship from pioneers in the entrepreneurship space.
• The opportunity to take part in the formulation of policies and programmes that will benefit young entrepreneurs countrywide.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Master’s degree in entrepreneurship, economics or business management.
• Experience as a post graduate research assistant preferred.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Proven experience working with NVIVO and, or SPSS.
• Curious and critical research skills
• Excellent communication leadership skills.
• Multitasking and analytical skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; NASE Research Fellow Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.