NARO - Director of Research Jobs in Uganda
NARO - Director of Research Jobs in Uganda Overall Responsibility: The Successful applicant will serve as the Head of Abi Agricultural Research and Development Institute and will be responsible for providing professional, technical and administrative Leadership necessary for implementing the institute mandate.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks of the successful candidate will be to:
Manage the implementation of Research and ensure the prompt delivery of adequate and quality research outputs.
Provide leadership in priority setting as a requisite for the implementation of research programs.
Provide policy advice on appropriate technologies and information for responsible agricultural practice;
Develop and implement a strategy on Resource Mobilization to enable the institute have additional funding for research and staff remuneration;
Develop and implement strategic plans, research programs and annual budget in line with approved government policies;
Implement effective financial management policies and systems for tracking, monitoring and reporting financial performance against budget to ensure proper management and accountability of funds;
Implement effective human resource management policies and systems;
Develop effective communication, publicity and advocacy programs to ensure that role of the Institute is recognized by the public;
Putting in place participatory approaches and methods to monitor and evaluate the performance and impact of the Institute’s research activities and technologies;
Work with private sector to bring technology and research applications to the marketplace with a view to enhancing commercialization and availability of appropriate technologies to a wide array of stakeholders;
Monitor challenges in the operating environment to ensure that the Institute complies with relevant legislation as well as agricultural and environmental laws including other relevant policies and guidelines;
Ensure that research projects and program comply with National and sector development plans and strategies;
Participate up to 25 percent of his/her time in scientific research activities
• A PhD in the field of Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, Biophysical Sciences or Agricultural Economics
• At least 10 years’ experience in Agricultural or Livestock research planning or management. Equivalent experience obtained from a related field is acceptable.
• A proven track record in agricultural research or research in related fields evidenced by at least four publications in peer reviewed journals or four book chapters or authored one book with a DOI number or registered two patents in the last five years.
• Clear understanding of the role of agricultural research to poverty reduction.
• Excellent leadership, negotiations and communication skills including demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams.
• Proven ability to influence and motivate staff towards the achievement of strategic objectives and goals.
• Excellent working relationships with national, regional and international research institutions/centers as well as development partners and private agencies.
• Must demonstrate a clear understanding and ability to uphold provisions of the Leadership Code Act, 2002.
• Must have served in a research, academic or related reputable research institution at a senior research/management level and above.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; NARO - Director of Research Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.