Nakasero Hospital Operations Manager Jobs in Uganda
Nakasero Hospital Operations Manager Jobs in Uganda
Job Purpose To play a significant role in the long-term planning of the Organization through managing and increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (House Keeping, Estates Management, Catering, Security and Office Administration), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
He/ She is to coordinate all aspects of Environmental & Social issues and ensure adequate reporting is done as required.
Direct and control housekeeping operations and staff of the housekeeping/laundry department.
To co-ordinate between housekeeping personnel to inspect assigned areas to ensure standards are met.
• Ensure the proper running of the office including the management and maintenance of all office equipment (electronics, furniture, fixtures, stationery, vehicle/s),office hygiene and orderliness; front office operations (guesting ushering, telephone and visitor facing communications); company website and social media platforms, office storehouse and estates management.
• Researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency.
• Setting and reviewing budgets and managing cost.
• Overseeing inventory, distribution of goods and facility layout.
• Use best business practices to manage and reduce operation costs.
• Create a budget for various facility needs and expenses.
• Compare costs for various services and goods before choosing the best options for the facility.
• Manage the maintenance of the building by performing repairs or contracting maintenance services as needed.
• Track building upkeep as well as anticipated long- and short-term improvements and maintenance.
• Keep the surrounding grounds properly cared for and landscaped.
• Handle certain administrative tasks, such as preparing reports for facility owners.
• Ensure the security of the building by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance cameras or security staff members.
• Respond to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving the facility.
• Direct all aspects of the catering function ensuring quality services.
• Direct the service aspect of the catering department by ensuring timely and accurate delivery of services.
• Ensure security of life and property in the hospital in a way consistent with hospital policies.
• Responsible for enhancing and improving physical security and increasingly Identification of organizational protection goals and objectives, ensuring they’re
consistent with their organizations’ strategic plans.
• Recommend security procedures for access control.
• Prepare reports or make presentations on internal investigations, losses, violations of regulations, policies and procedures.
• Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
Environment & Social Management
• Coordinate all E&S related activity
• Compile all required E&S related reports
• Be a champion for E&S related compliance at the hospital
• Ensure that all E&S related policies and procedures are up to date and well communicated to all stakeholders
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook, and access
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Knowledge of government contract management and +Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices.
• Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
• Budget development and oversight experience
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Computing or related field
• At least Five (5) years of work experience of which 2 should be at managerial level in a similar corporate setting
How to Apply
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to
email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager
Not later than Friday, 27th March 2020.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.