Muslim Centre For Justice and Law Advocacy and Information Officer Jobs in Uganda
Muslim Centre For Justice and Law Advocacy and Information Officer Jobs in Uganda The Research Advocacy and Information Officer will maintain a consistent relationship with targeted communities, leaders and duty bearers, conduct presentations and conduct various types of social and legal related research as well as internal capacity building of the staff and provide technical input and support on day-to-day research-related work.
• Support Advocacy consultative processes and lobbying activities for MCJL’s core programmatic work/values.
• Planning and implementation of awareness raising activities for various programme work and/or campaigns.
• Provide support to organization of conferences, workshops, seminars, training and delivery of outputs.
• Coordination and mobilization of partners and relevant stakeholders in influencing public policy and government interventions as needed in various programmatic work.
• Contribute to the formulation of final reports to all donors, including the MCJL’s annual report.
• Assists in the implementation of MCJL’s communication and Advocacy strategy.
• Lead in identifying, packaging and pitching stories and public issues to put on digital platforms.
• Liaising with media and identifying interventions to capacitate them as champions for MCJL’s work.
• Provide advice and support to the Programme Team on communication and public relations.
• Implementation of key trends and issues regarding core advocacy and interpersonal relations work in the Muslim community and other faith communities.
• Analyze and ensure that interventions are sensitive to the Muslim community in leadership and core values in order to achieve progress in terms of inclusion of other groups that are marginalized in society.
• Support in updating and sharing recent developments and knowledge related to the field of Advocacy and Communication.
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Law, Mass Communications & Journalism, Media Studies, Development Communication or relevant discipline.
Post graduate tertiary education or equivalent is an added advantage in Law, Mass Communication, Public policy or other relevant qualification.
• At least three years of work experience in similar environment
• Working knowledge of NGO sector.
• Conversant with current issues in the Muslim community on Access to Justice, peace building and Gender.
• Motivated to work and ready to follow-up key stakeholders. Core Competencies:
• Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
• Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
• Self-development, initiative-taking
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
• Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
• Creating synergies through self-control
• Informed and transparent decision making
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to the President sent to
email@example.com and include the position applied for in the subject matter.
Applicants should attach up-to-date Curriculum Vitae, Certiﬁed copies of academic and other relevant documents and indicate names and contacts of three (3) referees, two professional and one character.
N.B No hand delivery application will be accepted.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
MCJL is an equal opportunity employer.
Female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.