MRC/UVRI Maintenance Painter Jobs in Uganda
MRC/UVRI Maintenance Painter Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe Unit is an internationally recognized centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer.
Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioral research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world.
The Maintenance Painter shall paint walls, furniture, equipment, buildings and other structural surfaces using brushes, rollers and spray guns.
Painter will also be required to prepare surfaces before painting, mixing colors to the user desired colors including cleaning and protection of surfaces after painting. .
• Preparing surrounding surface, tapping off areas needed and painting walls, equipment, buildings, and other structural surfaces.
• Maintaining painting tools and equipment such as brushes, rollers and spray guns.
• Repairing and removing old paint to prepare surface prior to painting.
• Mixing and matching of colors or oils based on the client’s requirement to obtain desired color or consistency.
• Supporting in choosing and purchasing paint, brushes, and other supplies from vendors.
• Communicating with clients and ensuring client satisfaction.
• Application of water proofing to water impressed surfaces.
• Painting to timber and metal surfaces.
• Calculating the amount of materials required.
• Cleaning up supplies and replacing fixtures.
• Maintenance and ensuring timely replenishment of supplies.
• A minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level certification).
• Must have a certificate qualification in Painting & Decorating (P&D) (Craft I, II)
• Possession of a certificate of training from a reputable supplier.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in painting works.
• Previously having worked in a busy and commercial construction environment in a reputable organization.
• Experience working with a reputable painting or decoration sub-contractor is also an added advantage.
• Knowledge of operating related tools, painting techniques, equipment and materials.
• Knowledge of color theory and various finish types.
• Knowledge of painting application procedures.
• Highly deadline and goal oriented.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level certification)
How to Apply
19th June 2020, 5:00pm.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, MRCI UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.