MRC/UVRI Maintenance Mason Jobs in Uganda
MRC/UVRI Maintenance Mason Jobs in UgandaJob Purpose: The Maintenance Mason will carry out masonry works on buildings across the Unit’s urban and rural sites in Uganda.
They perform skilled masonry work in the construction, maintenance, repair and alteration of building structures and facilities following recognized procedures and techniques of the building using hand and power tools.
• Prepares surfaces prior to beginning work.
• Fabricates, alters, repairs, and maintains walls, sidewalks, street curbs, floors, bathroom showers, sink counters, partitions, manholes, and other related structures or surfaces.
• Lays blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings.
• Determines work requirements and sequence of masonry/tile assignments through review of work orders, plans, or drawings.
• Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and levels.
• Mixes cement using hoes, cement-mixing equipment, and/or hand tools.
• Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills, and/or hand tools.
• Applies Plaster or rendering to block work surface.
• Estimates materials and labor requirement.
• Keep detailed daily log of construction activities.
• Plans ahead to anticipate requirements and take action to avoid delays.
• A minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level certification).
• Must have a certificate qualification in Masonry or Brick/Block laying and concrete practice (Craft I, II).
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Masonry works.
• Previously worked in a busy and commercial construction Environment in a reputable organization is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of operating related tools, masonry techniques, equipment and materials.
• Extensive knowledge is structural brick laying.
• Skilled in plastering and molding works.
• Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces.
• Knowledge in concrete handling and casting.
• Knowledge in structural steel reinforcement works and application of finishes such as laying of wall and floor tiles, terrazzo floor finishing is an added advantage.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to be proactive, take initiative, think independently, troubleshoot, problem-solve, and learn quickly in new situations.
• Upholding high standards of professionalism.
High degree of integrity, honesty, reliability, and accountability.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; MRC/UVRI Maintenance Mason Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.