MRC/UVRI Maintenance Carpenter Jobs in Uganda
MRC/UVRI Maintenance Carpenter Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe Unit is an internationally recognized centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. '
Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioral research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide.
Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world.
The Maintenance Carpenter will be responsible for technical tasks related to construction/carpentry works.
They carry out furniture repairs and maintenance of existing structures under supervision.
The carpenter must be adept at handling all manner of power tools in the carpentry industry and working on a diverse portfolio of projects.
They will be responsible for making a variety of furniture items. .
• Perform carpentry work as directed, carry out any repairs or changes to existing structures.
• Assessment of materials and cost estimates required for projects.
• Make and repair different kinds of furniture/joinery with good finishes to meet Supervisors expectations.
• Knowledge of painting and varnishing work to any given item or building.
• Appropriate use of the electrical equipment for carpentry i.e. planners, jigsaws, sanders and drills.
• In charge of workshop management and will be in charge of all the tools in his custody.
• A minimum of Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level certification).
• Must have Certificate of technical training Craft II in Carpentry or an equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in carpentry.
• Previously worked in a busy and commercial carpentry environment in a reputable organization is an added advantage.
• Having knowledge and experience in welding works is also an added advantage.
• Knowledge of related tools, carpentry techniques, equipment and materials.
• Proficiency in operating power tools and machines within the furniture and carpentry industry.
• Knowledge of woodworking techniques such as joinery.
• Ability to read CAD drawings and interpret them into product is an added advantage.
• Should be able to work effectively in a diverse and multidisciplinary team.
• Should be highly deadline and goal oriented.
• Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
• High degree of integrity, honesty, reliability, and accountability.
Uganda Certificate of Education (O-Level certification)
How to Apply
19th June 2020, 5:00pm.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, MRCI UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.