Mount Kenya University Principal Digital Officer Jobs in Kenya
Mount Kenya University Principal Digital Officer Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsAbout Mount Kenya University The University is a member of the Inter-University Council of East Africa as well as the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
The University student population consists of privately and Government sponsored students.
It has a dynamic, comprehensive and high quality academic and vocational training system.
The University has linkages with industries, research and Higher Education Institutions.
MKU has its main campus in Thika and other campuses in Nairobi, Mombasa and Nakuru.Its Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL) centres are located in major towns in Kenya and in Burundi, Somaliland and Uganda.
It has established Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences - an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health Sciences In Kitale and EquipAfrica Institute to offer TEVETA-accredited programmes.
The University also operates MKU Kigali, a cross-border campus based in the Republical Rwanda.
Reporting to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Administration Planning and Institutional Advancement, the successful candidate shall
• Provide leadership in the development and implementation of ICT strategy and policies in line with the strategic plan of the University.
• Develop the University digital transformation strategy, champion and lead the university wide change process towards a complete digital transformation:
• Provide strategic leadership by propelling digital transformation advocating the University digital efforts to internal and external stakeholders and guiding management, staff and students through the change process;
• Continuously analyse corporate requirements for the University to determine their technology needs.
• Assess and respond to the impact of changes in the operating environment ensuring a high level of integration with the University's strategic direction
• Ensure the development of actionable work plans for the ICT Directorate aimed at monitoring implementation of the University strategic objectives relating to Information Communication Technology
• Unify the University digital agenda in information and communication technology, digital marketing and communication, teaching and research, digital eLearning solutions (including integration of learning management systems) to cultural transformation in support of digital transformation.
• Collaborate with key officers across the administrative and academic and research affairs divisions to ensure a successful unified University digital transformation
• Identify and address complex ICT service delivery issues and providing alternate solutions based on well considered and balanced assessment of the facts and consequences.
• Keep abreast of local and global best practices and articulate implications to the IT function and to the general University operation.
• Holder of an earned Doctorate degree in Information Communication Technology (ICT) or equivalent from a recognized University,
• 3 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution.
• Be a holder of a Master's Degree in Information Communication
• Technology (ICT) with a professional qualification
• At least 5 years’ experience in Administration at the University level or at a similar position in a recognized institution
• Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
Applications Requirements/ Procedure
• Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence to the address below with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• Clearly indicate the names, telephone contacts and addresses of three referees
• Attach current certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and any other supporting documents.
How to Apply
copy applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 17th June, 2020 at 4.30pm.
Please note that only email (soft) applications will be considered for evaluation.
• Mount Kenya University is an equal opportunity employer.
• Any form of canvassing by any candidate will lead to disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
• Candidates invited to attend formal interviews must produce original copies of attached documents during the interview sessions.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of.
A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs.Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.