MOH Public Health Fellowship Program Jobs in Uganda
MOH Public Health Fellowship Program Jobs in Uganda The Ministry of Health (MOH) in partnership with Makerere University School of Public Health (MakSPH) and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (U.S CDC) is implementing the Public Health Fellowship Program (PHFP), an initiative to develop the next generation of public health leadership for Uganda.
The goal of this program is to develop a competent workforce by learning-through-service and responding to real public health problems of Uganda.
The PHFP is offered in five tracks, namely:
• Field Epidemiology Track (FET);
• Laboratory Systems Track;
• Health Informatics Track;
• Health Economics (Prevention Effectiveness) Track, and
• Monitoring and Evaluation Track.
Currently, only the Field Epidemiology Track is operational.
The FET is a 2-year training-through service program in applied epidemiology and public health leadership.
Fellows develop competencies by providing valuable public health services to the Ministry of Health and District Health Teams; 80% of the fellows' time will be spent on field projects with supervision and mentorship provided by Moh, U.S. CDC and MakSPH, with an anticipated 20% spent in interactive didactic training.
Competency domains include field epidemiology (Public health surveillance, outbreak investigation, and applied epidemiologic investigation), scientific and nonscientific communication, public health programming, and management and leadership.
Fellows will prove development of these competencies by completing a portfolio of projects, in each of these domains. Fellows will serve in priority technical units of the Ministry of Health, regional or district health agencies to complete this portfolio under the supervision and mentorship of national and international subject-area experts.
Number of Fellowships on offer: In 2021, the program will offer ten (10) Fellowships in the Field Epidemiology Track.
Required Academic Qualifications:
• Successful applicants should have a Master's degree in any of the following disciplines: Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, Veterinary Public Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health, Wildlife, and any other health-related disciplines.
• Applicants should have 3-7 years of work experience in any health-related field including human health, environmental health veterinary health, wildlife, etc.
• Applicants working in hard-to-reach areas and those working within the Public Service will have an added advantage. Successful applicants working within the Public Service will be required to provide letter releasing them for 2 years to pursue the Fellowship prior to enrolment
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; MOH Public Health Fellowship Program Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.