M-KOPA Uganda Procurement Officer/Fellow Jobs
M-KOPA Uganda Procurement Officer/Fellow JobsJob Details The Procurement Officer is responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality,
low-cost equipment, stationery and the proper processing of assigned Employee orders.
Recruitment for this role will be managed by Shortlist , under the Clean Energy Leadership
Program , a program aimed at placing recent graduates with little or no work experience into
entry-level roles in the energy sector with various partner companies, including M-KOPA Uganda.
By applying to this role, you will have the option to join this program and receive updates when
there are new opportunities that match your profile with any of our partner companies. You can
learn more about this here .
(Main activities undertaken by the jobholder and reflective of the most important features of the job)
● Ensures the timely delivery of quality equipment and stationery products at the lowest
possible cost without compromising quality
● Participates in the selection of suppliers based on due diligence criteria.
● Performs cycle counts (bi-weekly) of materials procured and stored at the warehouse,
verifies quantification of orders delivered to confirm right quantity and quality of supplies.
● Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department ensuring compliance with
all documentary requirements (LPO, delivery notes, invoices, vendor statements,
credit/debit notes, etc).
● Maintains the Fixed Asset Register and ensures all assets are promptly tagged. Performs
quarterly physical asset verification exercises to ascertain existence of the assets, updates
the FAR maintained by the insurance company by the 5th of the subsequent month.
● Performs supplier service evaluations based on agreed upon criteria versus actual
performance standards and reports to the procurement committee on a quarterly basis.
● Continue professional development through on-the-job training, self-study, and internal and external audit courses as they become available to enhance job knowledge and performance. Maintaining a well-documented record of all training accomplishments.
(Qualifications, knowledge and skills needed to be successful at this role)
● Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
● Negotiation skills, along with personal tenacity and the ability to drive things through to
conclusion in a dynamic and challenging environment.
● A full understanding of the products and services provided.
● Demonstrate high level of integrity, work ethics, and a proactive
● Team player with high levels of flexibility.
● Problem solving and analytical skills.
● Should be self-motivated & able to demonstrate a drive for results with a professional approach.
● Proven report-writing skills, Good customer care and presentation skills.
● Able to work with minimum supervision.
● Degree/ certificate in a procurement or finance related field
● 6 months work experience (ideally in a related field)
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; M-KOPA Uganda Procurement Officer/Fellow Jobs
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.