Ministry of Works and Transport Road Director Finance and Administration Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Works and Transport Road Director Finance and Administration Jobs in Uganda The Ministry of Works and Transport on behalf of (NCTTA) is seeking to recruit a well- qualified, highly competent, results oriented and motivated Ugandan to fill a position of Director Finance and Administration at the Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority.
The Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Authority (NCTTCA) is a regional Inter Governmental Institution composed of six (06) Member States of Burundi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
It was established and mandated by member states to oversee the implementation of the Northern Corridor Transit and Transport Coordination Agreement (NCTTA), to monitor its performance and transform the Northern route into an economic development corridor making it seamless, efficient and smart.
The Northern Corridor's Permanent Secretariat is based in Mombasa in the Republic of Kenya.
Director Finance and Administration
He/ She shall carryout the following functions;
• Serve as the Chief Advisor on matters related to human, financial, material and general services management;
• Develop financial human resource, administration strategies in support of the Secretariat's work programme;
• Ensure that the NCTTCA has a well-qualified, well trained and highly motivated staff capable of realizing its objectives;
• Perform personnel functions relating to staff recruitment, placement, career development, promotion, training, job classification, salary administration, staff relations and leave administration;
• Carry out periodic salary surveys to ensure the competitiveness of the remuneration system;
• Develop and maintain an accurate computerized employee record system;
• Ensure efficient procurement service, adequate building maintenance, safety and security of staff and premises and efficient telephone and transport service;
• Initiate plans for the reviews of the Institutions Rules and Procedure Manuals and submit proposals for consideration and approval by NCTTCA's policy organs through the Executive Secretary;
• Address grievances on interpretation and/or application of rules and regulations with a view to ensuring a high level of transparency and consistency;
• Direct the preparation and consolidation of the Authority's budget under the guidance of the Executive Secretary and in collaboration with Heads of Programs and ensure proper management of finances.
• Undertake any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Secretary.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
• Master's Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration or its equivalent;
• Qualified Accountant from a recognized Professional Accountancy body;
• Working experience of at least ten (10) years at a Senior Level in an International or National Organization with related skills.
• Considerable knowledge of international accounting standards including financial forecasting and monitoring of budgets;
• Technical expertise in strategic planning and budgeting, risk management, quality assurance as well as monitoring and evaluation;
• Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
• Willingness to innovate and come up with new ideas;
• Maturity to handle people and challenging situations objectively;
• Willingness to up-hold and support authority's values;
• Managerial skills, conceptual, analytical, interpersonal, problem solving, conflict resolution, leadership, counselling, diplomacy;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information in financial records and to ensure absolute discretion and sensitivity to confidential matters.
• The applicant must be proficient in either English or French.
• Maximum age of 48 years at the time of application;
• The applicant MUST be a Ugandan National.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please submit your application enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae giving three references, copies of academic and professional certificates, postal address and daytime telephone contact.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Works and Transport Plot 57-59, Jinja Road P.O Box 7174, Kampala -Uganda.
Applications letters should be delivered to the Security Registry at the Ministry of Works and Transport Headquarters, Kampala not later 5:00pm on Friday, 315 March 2020.
No applications shall be received after the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Note The contract can only be renewed twice upon satisfactory performance.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.