Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology, Innovation and Youth Affairs Director, Film Services Jobs in Kenya
Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology, Innovation and Youth Affairs Director, Film Services Jobs in KenyaDuties and Responsibilities
An officer at this level will be head of the Department of Film Services and is responsible for overall supervision and coordination of the department. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
• Initiating and providing strategic leadership on all policy issues that relate to the film industry;
• Establishing appropriate legal framework to promote the industry;
• Overseeing the enforcement of part two (2) of films and stage plays act, cap 222;
• Planning, coordinating, controlling, developing, promoting, monitoring and evaluation of film services in the country;
• Ensuring the interpretation and implementation of government policies on socio-cultural, economic, political development, national integration and cohesion through audio-visual content for dissemination and archiving for posterity;
• Overseeing the implementation of regional, continental and international protocols, agreements, conventions and treaties in the film sector;
• Promoting linkages with ministries, state departments and agencies (mdas) on film related matters;
• Undertaking research on emerging issues in the film industry to inform policy formulation; and
• Spearheading resource mobilization for development of the film industry.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
• Served for a minimum period of fifteen (15) years and currently serving at the grade of Assistant Director, Film Services, CSG 7 and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service or private sector;
• A Bachelor’s degree in
either Film Production, Film and Animation, Theatre Arts and Film Technology, Broadcast Production (Film option), Communication Studies (Film option) or equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
• A Bachelor’s degree in either Social Science, Information Science, Development Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Communication Studies, International Relations and Diploma/Post Graduate Diploma in either Film Production, Film and Animation, Mass Communication (Film/Animation option) or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
• A Master’s degree in either Film and Animation, Film Studies, Film and Media Studies, Broadcast Production (Film option) or its equivalent qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya;
• A thorough understanding of the constitution, National goals and policies and ability to translate them to film programmes and projects; and
• Demonstrated professional competence and leadership ability in film production as reflected in work performance and results.How to Apply For more information and job application details, see; Ministry of Information, Communication and Technology, Innovation and Youth Affairs Director, Film Services Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!