Ministry of Health Senior Finance Officers Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Health Senior Finance Officers Jobs in Uganda Overall Purpose/Broad FunctionThe Senior Finance Offi cer is responsible for all aspects of fi nancial management of the country program, ensuring compliance with Global Fund internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting
and fi nance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, payroll, Inventory management, Advances Ledger, and payables.
• Plan and implement systems for fi nancial operations in the country offi ce and in area program offices in accordance with donor regulations; including systems for cash fl ow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, fi nancial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
• Train and supervise fi nance staff in the program.
• Prepare Financial Performance reports that track
expenditure for effective monitoring in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare monthly management reports including
expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
• Prepare fi nancial reports, for review to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
• Assist in developing annual fi scal year budgets together with the Finance Manager.
• Continuously stay abreast with donor policies,
procedures, rules and regulations; compile and
update applicable local policies; train Global Fund staff in these policies.
• Ensure compliance with Global Fund financial policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• This position supervises Accountants in the Finance unit Education/Professional
• Bachelor degree/B.COM/BBA, accounting or finance is required, plus a master’s degree in the relevant is required.
• Minimum of Ten years of progressive fi nancial
management experience in both private and public
• Must be an active member of professional bodies
• Demonstrated experience and skills with budget
preparation and analysis, fi nancial reporting
preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical fi nancial data into informative reports.
• Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of fi nancial transactions, journal entries, payroll, advances Leger and Statement of Financial Position.
• Undisputed financial integrity.
• Prior staff supervisory experience and strong
organizational skills are desired
• Excellent computer skills.
• Excellent oral and written English skills
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ministry of Health Senior Finance Officers Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.