Ministry of Health Lusaka Provincial Health Office - Prevention Programme Officer Jobs in Zambia
Ministry of Health Lusaka Provincial Health Office - Prevention Programme Officer Jobs in ZambiaJob Purpose: To coordinate and implement high quality, evidence-based, and innovative HIV prevention services in support.
S/he will support health workers to have the necessary skills to provide HIV prevention interventions, provide post GBV care, improve access to a prevention package at both community and health unit levels
REPORTS TO: Public Health Specialist .
• Undertakes periodic technical program reviews, site visits and monitoring progress towards achievement of objectives and targets
• Prepare action plans and budgets for HIV PREVENTION Program, and oversees their implementation in order to facilitate the attainment of set objectives and resource mobilization.
• Coordinate and perform regular supervision visits for technical oversight of the Program at operational level to ensure HIV prevention in AGYW. KPS, GBV victims and coordinate strategies in empowering them with social protection and safe spaces, education and economic skills, and access to family planning and reproductive health services
• Strengthen provision of technical knowledge on Establishment of Community based Differentiated Service delivery (DSD) points for PrEP & Condom collection points for AGYWs, KPs, etc and support to GBV victims using evidence-based interventions.
• Provide technical support to district and facilities staff to ensure decrease in new HIV infections among AGYWs, KPs, and other sub populations using evidence-based interventions
• Develop and strengthen monitoring and evaluation procedures in DREAMS project performance overall progress and achievements of results in line with M&E framework and strategic plan
• Provide technical support on, PrEP, linkages to Post violence clinical care, and establishment of Community Based Safe spaces.
• Support Establishment of Community based or other Differentiated Service delivery (DSD) points for PrEP, condoms and other preventive methods for AGYWs, KPs, and other sub populations
• Develop and strengthen systems to improve HIV Prevention and support interventions to prevent among AGYWs, KPs, and other sub populations
• Disseminate new policies (SOPs) and updated guidelines on specific information to improve performance, impact and sustainability of interventions HIV Prevention program
• Develop and implement capacity building interventions for facility based HIV Prevention program.
• Undertakes effectively, the development of sectional and individual work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
• Grade 12 certificate with at least five O-level credits:
• Degree in Clinical Medicine, Nursing or Public Health
• Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia with a valid Practicing License.
• At least five (5) years relevant experience in TB/HIV Programme
• Must be trained in WHO ART Modules
• Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV programs will be an added advantage Trained in Project management will be added advantage
• Ability to write technical papers and reports clearly in English
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and local languages
• Must be between the Age of 21 years and 55years .
• Computer literate, Managerial skills, Interpersonal relations, initiative
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00hrs Thursday 30" July 2020.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office Independence Road
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.