Ministry of Health Lusaka Provincial Health Office - Dreams Program Officer Jobs in Zambia
Ministry of Health Lusaka Provincial Health Office - Dreams Program Officer Jobs in ZambiaJob Purpose: Coordinate the implementation of dreams program in order to empower and build resilience of adolescent's girls, young women, orphans and vulnerable children against effects of HIV.
REPORTS TO: Public Health Specialist .
• Prepare action plans and budgets for DREAMS Project, and oversees their implementation in order to facilitate the attainment of set objectives and resource mobilization
• Develop appropriate strategies that support provision of social protection and safe spaces, education and economic skills, family planning and other reproductive health services and the empowerment of young women.
• Coordinate and supervise implementation of DREAMS project activities through supportive supervision visits, and holding meetings with partners and other stakeholders
• Strengthen systems for increasing access to and utilization of healthcare, social protection and empowerment services for young women/ Adolescent girls, orphans and vulnerable children.
• Support evidence-based health intervention to reduce teenage pregnancy and gender-based violence among young women/adolescent girls and Orphans.
• Develop and strengthen systems for linkage of all girls and their partners diagnosed HIV-positive to HIV treatment and care services
• Provide technical support to Ps, district and facility staff on HIV prevention and testing, social protection and safety, and empowerment services in order to ensure young women/adolescent girls, orphans and vulnerable children have increased access to services.
• Provide technical support on treatment linkage in order to decrease in new HIV infections among adolescent girls and young women using evidence-based interventions
• Facilitate development of monitoring and evaluation framework for DREAMS project
• Disseminate new policies and updated guidelines on specific information in order to improve performance and achieve planned health outcomes
• Grade 12 certificate with at least five O-level credits:
• Must be between Age 21 and 55 years Degree in Social Science or Public Health from reputable institution
• Work experience in the field of TB and HIV control activities, Dreams Project, supervisory experience at health facility or district level will be an added advantage; .
• Basic Training in Project management will be an added advantage .
• Computer literate, with high competency in using Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Experience in PEPFAR supported TB/HIV activities will be an added advantage;
• Good Communication and interpersonal skills:
• Ability to uphold Confidentiality and Integrity,
• Trustworthy and Honest.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and attributes are required to submit their applications with the following documents: Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees, NRC, Academic and Professional Qualifications, Full Registration and Practicing license with relevant Professional Bodies were applicable to the address below by 17:00hrs Thursday 30" July 2020.
Successful applicants will be appointed on one year contract subject to renewal depending on performance.
Applicants should provide valid phone numbers for easy communication. Applications should be clearly marked on the envelope with the position being applied for. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address applications to:
The Provincial Health Director
Provincial Health Office Independence Road
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jobs in Zambia.