Ministry of Health Community Systems Technical Advisor Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Health Community Systems Technical Advisor Jobs in UgandaJob DetailsThe Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is an International Partnership that provides grants to lower income countries with high HIV, Malaria and Tuberculosis disease burden including Uganda. The Fund also supports health service delivery through grants that are dedicated to health and community systems strengthening.
These resources are additional to and not a replacement for financing to the health sector from recipient Governments. Recipient Countries are required to demonstrate transparency, traceability, attribution and efficient accountability of the resources.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) has received funding from the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) under the ongoing grants that run from 2018 to 2020(apparently on new grant making 2021-2023).
Part of this grant is for sourcing for eligible talent to cover human resources gaps in the Ministry of Health in order to strengthen its capacity.
The purpose of the above position is to strengthen the Country's Community Health systems that will enhance the integration of TB/HIV and Malaria Programs.
The Community Systems Technical Advisor will work principally to support TB/HIV and Malaria to achieve better community Health outcomes through enhancement of stronger linkages between community and health facility structures.
The position will provide strategic direction at National level and other stakeholders both public and private sector structures.
The officer will ensure financial resource mobilisation for the community health system and ensure governance and leadership structures are in place at all levels to support integration of the community health system within the larger health system.
The Advisor will support all project interventions related to developing an operating framework for community Service providers at different levels and support strengthening community engagement mechanisms for improved accountability, performance and management at different levels. .
• Develop strategic documents and work-plans Community Systems and interventions in coordination with other stakeholders at all levels
• Support the teams of community Systems for the TB/ HIV and Malaria programs to ensure high performance and achievement of all deliverables.
• Support capacity building teams at the National level and community-based organizations stakeholders
• Provide technical support to the TB/HIV and Malaria programs to develop an operating framework and implementation guidelines for community Health workforce.
• Support TB/HIV and Malaria programs to disseminate, institutionalize and monitor consistent application and adherence to the standards and guidelines at all levels Support TB/HIV and Malaria programs to generate evidence and analysis, prepare costed implementation plans and mobilize financial resources to scale up comprehensive community health services at all levels
• Strengthen systems for community health workforce training to ensure efficiency and timely implementation
• Support the HIV/TB and Malaria programs establish and strengthen systems for community health workforce supervision and performance management at National, Regional and Community levels
• Support HIV/TB and Malaria programs and other stakeholders to strengthen community health information systems and reporting and community use of data for health system improvements.
• Maintain close collaboration with other in-country technical partners, CBOS, and private health sector stakeholders to leverage opportunities for collaboration, avoid duplication and ensure programmatic alignment.
• Represent the MOH at coordination meetings with development partners and stakeholders, as appropriate.
• Assist with other tasks as assigned by the National Facilitator.
• Excellent skills in Community Mobilisation, Education and mapping
• Proven teamwork, partnering skills (facilitating dialogue and communications across diverse sectors, institutions, and geographic administrative levels)
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.) and the Internet.
• Bachelor's degree in humanities required in social sciences, community Psychology, Public Health, Community Health Master's in Public Health, Sociology, community health or related discipline.
• At least 10 years of experience including 5 years in a supervisory role preferably at the National level
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience for GOU or international donor-funded projects.
• Familiarity with the GOU's health systems and community health system strategies.
• Advocacy experience and skills to articulate the need for community health systems strengthening.
• Proven ability to assess and manage complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment meeting competing deadlines.
• Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast-paced environment juggling multiple priorities Ability to manage teams and plan for the successful and timely implementation of programs
• Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diverse people and programs.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills with experience in report writing and presentations to large and diverse stakeholders.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point. Experience with social media as a tool for advocacy and community mobilisation is desirable.
How to Apply
ALL Applications to be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, P.O BOX 7272 Kampala, MUST be submitted online via email@example.com NOT later than 05:00PM Friday 12th June 2020.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.