Ministry of Health Community Systems Technical Advisor GF Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Health Community Systems Technical Advisor GF Jobs in Uganda Job PurposeThe purpose of the above position is to strengthen the Country’s Community Health systems that will enhance the integration of TB/HIV and Malaria Programs.
The Community Systems Technical Advisor
will work principally to support TB/HIV and Malaria to achieve better community Health outcomes through enhancement of stronger linkages between community and health facility structures.
The position will provide strategic direction to at National level and other stake holders both public and private sector structures.
The officer will ensure fi nancial resource mobilisation for community health system and ensure governance and leadership structures are in place at all levels to support integration of the of the community health system within larger health system.
The Advisor will support all project interventions related to developing an
operating framework for community Service providers at different levels and support strengthening community engagement mechanisms for improved accountability,performance and management at different levels.
• Develop strategic documents and work-plans
Community Systems and interventions in coordination with other stakeholders at all levels
• Support the teams of community Systems for the TB/ HIV and Malaria programs to ensure high performance and achievement of all deliverables.
• Support capacity building teams at the National level and community-based organizations stakeholders
• Provide technical support to the TB/HIV and Malaria programs to develop an operating framework and implementation guidelines for community Health
• Support TB/HIV and Malaria programs to disseminate, institutionalize and monitor consistent application and adherence to the standards and guidelines at all levels
• Support TB/HIV and Malaria programs to generate
evidence and analysis, prepare costed implementation plans and mobilize fi nancial resources to scale up comprehensive community health services at all levels
• Strengthen systems for community health
workforce training to ensure effi ciency and timely implementation.
• Support the HIV/TB and Malaria programs establish and strengthen systems for community health workforce supervision and performance management at National, Regional and Community levels
• Support HIV/TB and Malaria programs and other
stakeholders to strengthen community health
information systems and reporting and community use of data for health system improvements.
• Maintain close collaboration with other in-country technical partners, CBOs, and private health sector stakeholders to leverage opportunities for collaboration, avoid dup
• Represent the MOH at coordination meetings
with development partners and stakeholders, as
• Assist with other tasks as assigned by the National Facilitator.
• Bachelor’s degree in humanities required in social sciences, community Psychology, Public Health, Community Health.
• Master’s in Public Health, Sociology, community
health or related discipline.
• At least 10 years of experience including 5 years in a supervisory role preferably at the National level
• A minimum of 5 years of work experience for GOU or international donor-funded projects.
• Familiarity with the GOU’s health systems and
community health system strategies.
• Advocacy experience and skills to articulate the need for community health systems strengthening.
• Proven ability to assess and manage complex
activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive
environment meeting competing deadlines.
• Ability to work as an effective team member in a
complex and fast -paced environment juggling multiple priorities
• Ability to manage teams and plan for the successful and timely implementation of programs
• Proven interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with diverse people and programs.
• Strong verbal and written English language skills with experience in report writing and presentations to large and diverse stakeholders.
• Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point.
Experience with social media as a tool for advocacy and community mobilisation is desirable
Excellent skills in Community Mobilisation, Education and mapping
Proven teamwork, partnering skills (facilitating dialogue and communications across diverse sectors, institutions, and geographic administrative levels)
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
Proficiency in MS Offi ce (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc.) and the Internet
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ministry of Health Community Systems Technical Advisor GF Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.