Ministry of Health Behaviour Change Communication Specialist - Aids Control Division Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Health Behaviour Change Communication Specialist - Aids Control Division Jobs in UgandaJob PurposeThe Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) Technical
Specialist will offer technical support in the regionaln behaviour change communication assessments using qualitative methods working closely with HIV/AIDS control programme and other partners.
The BCC Technical Specialist will review the social/ behaviour change communication (BCC) and community engagement strategies, information, education and communication (IEC) materials and the gaps in S/BCC for HIV/AIDS control, prevention and elimination.
She/he will document the process, issues, challenges and recommendations for improvements/scaling up social and human behaviour change health sector interventions in the country.
• Provide technical support in the regional assessments of behaviour change communication in order to develop culturally appropriate and harmonized S/BCC strategies and tools for the high-risk cross-border populations.
• Review the behaviour change communication and
community engagement strategies, knowledge base
information, education and communication (IEC)
materials, practices and the gaps in BCC for HIV/AIDS control and elimination in the region with emphasis on the border region and among high risk populations and offer practical recommendations to respond to the gaps.
• Document the process, issues, challenges and
recommendations for improvements/scaling up IEC/
• community mobilization interventions in the priority regions/districts.
• Provide expertise in social science methods for
monitoring and evaluation of BCC, community
• advocacy including specifi c components working with mobile populations and high-risk populations.
• Assist in design and implementation of operational research including qualitative researches.
• Support preparation of and participate in relevant project meetings.
• Provide support capacity building on BCC, community mobilization, advocacy for the national HIV/AIDS programmes and partners.
• Collect information within and outside the organisation that will be used in communicating news, lessons learned, best practices, and research findings to each relevant audience.
• Assist in technical reporting to the donor and other relevant partners, and in dissemination of results to wider audiences.
• Ensure timely effective communications within the organization and with stakeholders at all level.
• Establish effective relationships with the regional HIV/ AIDS programme, partners, donor and communities.
• The applicant should possess a bachelor degree in humanities like social sciences, development studies, health promotion and education, public health.
• A diploma/training in mass communication or
journalism is required or an equivalent.
• A certifi cate in Social Behaviour Change
Communication(SBCC) is preferred
• A master’s degree in public health is an added
• Experience backed with evidence-based theory and
research aimed at addressing public health sector
behaviors changes at individual, community, and
societal levels preferably in HIV/AIDs control.
• Experience in conducting qualitative study design, training of qualitative researchers, data collection, data analysis and write up is desirable.
• Demonstrated working experience of 5 years
in the following fi elds of HIV/AIDs, Control, and
implementation of Social behavioural change
• Experience in designing, implementing and evaluation of SBCC strategies will be an added advantage.
• Demonstrated Experience of at least 4 years in
relevant capacity building (training, TA, facilitation) in an HIV/AIDS control related programmes.
• Proven teamwork, partnering skills (facilitating
dialogue and communications across diverse sectors,institutions, and geographic administrative levels)
• Excellent writing, oral and visual presentation
skills; training skills Ability to assess priorities and competently complete a variety of activities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Ability to initiate and implement activities with minimal oversight and supervision.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ministry of Health Behaviour Change Communication Specialist - Aids Control Division Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.