Ministry of Health Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Health Accountant Jobs in UgandaJob PurposeTo perform fi nancial duties that relate to Global Fund Grants including, accounting, tracking accountability, coordinating the SR fi nances, vouching for completeness, up-dating and maintaining books of accounts and
producing routine advances/accountabilities
Key duties and responsibilities
• Tracking payments to internal and external
stakeholders and also ensure timely bank payments
• Updating and preparing of asset register for the Global Fund assets
• Reviewing and verifying accountabilities for Sub
Recipients (SRs) activities
• Regular of the advances ledger and follow up on the overdue advances.
• Ensuring that accounting records are properly
maintained and kept safely for future reference.
• Preparation of fi nancial reports/tax reports as
required by Global Fund. These include the Fund
Accountability Statement and the Progress Update
and Disbursement Reports (PUDR)
• Render assistance and support regular Internal and external audit exercises for the organization
• To examine correctness of payment requests,
completeness of documentation and certify requisition or, transactions for further processing;
• To compile accountability reports, verify and retire advance ledgers;
• Examining bank statements and reconciling them with general ledger entries. Monthly bank reconciliations must be prepared for review by the senior finance officer on a timely basis.
• Filling statutory returns on a timely basis (NSSF, PAYE, LST, WHT).
• A Bachelor’s degree in the following is particularly favoured: Accounting, Business administration, Finance from a recognised institution.
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations
and procedures, including the Generally Accepted
Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Should have an accounting professional qualifi cation.
• At least two years’ relevant experience in accounting and financial control systems
• Working knowledge of donor accounting requirements is an added advantage.
• The Accountant should have the following skills
• Analytical skills and the ability to summarize
information in a clear and concise manner.
• Working knowledge of accounting software
• Working knowledge of accounting packages and MS
offi ce packages (MS excel, word and power point).
• Strong organizational skills in order to balance
• Ability to work independently to effi ciently meet deadlines.
• Undisputed financial integrity
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Ministry of Health Accountant Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.