Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Technical Manager Breeding Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Technical Manager Breeding Jobs in UgandaOverall Job Purpose To manage the reproduction and breeding of animals using the most appropriate and acceptable breeding technologies and techniques.
Plans, budgets, designs and oversees implementation of breeding and reproduction programs and projects.
Participates in the update and maintenance of the National Gene Bank/ Depository,
• Coordinates the development of guidelines and implementation of ﬁeld oriented breeding extension services for ﬁeld workers, Breeder Societies,’ Associations and indigenous farmers,
• Evaluates all imported germpiasm and live animals,
• Promotes Open Nucleus Breeding programmes with the farmers in collaboration with breeding activities of Genetic Resources Centre farms. Monitors and evaluates the performance of breeding activities,
• Develops research proposals and takes part in characterization of breeds, production environments and other related researchable areas,
• Oversees the production or procurement of semen, ova, embryo and associated animal breeding technologies,
• Establishes a foundation stock of superior dams and sires, Manages the rearing of Sire Studs for production of semen, Coordinates the promotion of herd-recording programmes on Centre farms,
• Initiates and designs projects and programs for the formulation of management and production information to be packaged and used in the training programs of NAGHC 8| DB at different levels,
• Liaises with other genetic resource breeding and research centres to benchmark and improve on breeding technologies and services of the Centre,
• Supervises mentors and appralses staff in the Department and Any other activities as assigned by the Executive Director
• A Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences, Veterinary Medicine or their equivalent from a recognized degree awarding institution.
• A Masters degree in Animal Sciences, Veterinary Science or their equivalent from a recognised degree awarding institution is a pre-requisite. Specialised post-graduate training in animal breeding from a recognized institution is desirable.
• PhD Training is an added advantage Should have extensive management and leadership skills.
• Working experience of at least Seven (7) years in animal industry is a prerequisite with at least three years‘ experience at Senior level in Government or a recognized institution
How to Apply
All CVs, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should either be hand delivered or sent via the following email:
firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director
Attn: Human Resource/Administration,
National Animal Generic Resources Centre & Data
P.0. Box 133 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.