Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Senior Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Senior Procurement Officer Jobs in Uganda National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
Senior Procurement Officer
Overall Job Purpose
To carryout routine procurement and disposal of assets activities and implement assignments in accordance with existing laws, regulations and procedures.
• Liaises with end users and prepares draft procurement plan for an entity
• Guides the suppliers on the procurement procedures
• Verifies procurement and disposal requisition
• Prepares draft bid documents and participates in evaluation of bids as and when assigned
• Compiles documents and maintains safe custody of procurement and disposal records
• Prepares draft approvals for Procurement and Disposal entities (PDES) and contracts Committees
• Enters sanctioned transactions on the systems for further processing and produces required reports;
• Maintains reviews and consolidates on the systems for PDES and raises issues for follow up on audit recommendations.
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
• A Master's degree in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) with specialization in Procurement and Supply Chain Management from a recognized awarding institute.
• An Honors Degree in Commerce or Business Administration or Economics plus full professional qualification/membership of Procurement / Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (Like CIPS, ISM, CILT) from a recognized awarding institution.
• Full professional qualification / membership of Procurement / Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (Like CIPS, ISM, and CILT) from a recognized awarding institution.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years is a prerequisite
How to Apply
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.