Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Senior Farm Manager Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Senior Farm Manager Jobs in Uganda National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
Senior Farm Manager
Overall Job Purpose
To manage optimal performance and productivity of the Centre Farm .
• Plans and budgets for the operations of the Centre and ensures their effective implementation.
• Manages and accounts for the human, fiscal and physical assets of the Centre Farm.
• Supervises monitors and evaluates the performance of the Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
• Prepares and submits periodic reports on the performance of the farm including Supervises, mentors and appraises technical staff and oversees the administration of all other staff.
• Initiates innovations to enhance the productive capability of the Centre Farm.
• Organizes and coordinates outreach activities to the farmers to enhance their productivity and get feedback on challenges they encounter.
• Enforces acceptable standards of production, breeding, health and safety on the Centre Farm.
• Liaises with the technical Units to procure, schedule preventive maintenance or repair farm machinery
• Maintains an inventory of the Centre Farm's Asset including stock
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
• A degree in Veterinary Sciences, Animal Sciences with training in Farm Management.
• Should have a post-graduate Diploma in Animal Breeding, production, animal health, Farm Management or related discipline from a recognized institution.
• Should have broad knowledge of records management as farm activities involve a lot of records keeping Should have broad knowledge of project planning and management.
• Should have the ability to work with and supervise multidisciplinary teams.
• Working experience of at least four (5) years with a practical exposure to farm operations is a prerequisite.
How to Apply
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.