Ministry Of Agriculture, Animal Industry And Fisheries Program Officer-Fish Jobs in Uganda
Ministry Of Agriculture, Animal Industry And Fisheries Program Officer-Fish Jobs in UgandaOverall Job Purpose Manager Breeding Support sustainable, market-oriented fish production and genetic improvement for improved food security and household income.
Age Limit: 30-45 Years.
• Formulates, reviews and implements policies, standards, strategies and plans on fish breeding;
• Supports transfer of improved and appropriate fish production technologies to service providers;
• Develops frameworks for collaboration with other organizations to ensure sustainable development and utilization of the fisheries genetic resources,
• Supports use of improved fish fry/fingerlings and fisheries stocking materials and sustainable natural resources management;
• Conducts fisheries breeding and surveillance on aquaculture, in the centre farms and the development of community Outreach programmes;
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
• A Bachelor's degree of Fisheries and Aquaculture is a must.
• A Master's degree in any of the above fields from a recognized government institution or university is an added advantage.
• Should have adequate knowledge of regulatory, inspection and aquaculture research related technology of the aquaculture industry.
• Leadership, managerial and planning skills with well-developed public relations skills;
• Should be team player capable of working with the senior management team and with the ability to monitor, coach, develop and motivate subordinates.
• High personal integrity and good oral and writing skills Working experience of at least Three (3) years in animal industry is a prerequisite
How to Apply
Closing date: 8th July, 2020 All CVs, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should either be hand delivered or sent via the following email:
firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to:
The Executive Director Attn:
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe Address
NOTE: This advert cancels the previous advert placed in the New Vision of Monday 6th April, 2020. Therefore, jobs which don't appear in this advert but had previously been advertised should be considered withdrawn with regard to this recruitment.
Accordingly, applicants who responded in the previous advert are encouraged to re-apply.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity to all. PWDs and Female applicants are specifically encouraged to apply.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the above positions, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing shall automatically lead to disqualification.
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.