Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Livestock Technician Jobs in Uganda
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries Livestock Technician Jobs in Uganda National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries its mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda, wishes to recruit the following:
Overall Job Purpose
To prepare and report on results of animal tests and other information on animal genetics and quality of animal breeding endeavors in either a natural or controlled environment .
• Collects and tests semen and other samples to establish its genotype, quality and viability for reproductive and breeding initiatives.
• Collects natural and exotic genetic animal resources for storage or conservation as found appropriate.
• Implements Al measures and assists in the execution of other animal natural or assisted breeding techniques or technologies
• Records data on animal management and associated reproductive and breeding activity.
• Observes animal hygiene, health, diet (including special diets, pregnancy diagnosis as may be necessary) and behavior to establish appropriate care, reproductive, breeding and treatment regimes.
• Supervises the cleaning and sterilization of the animal testing environment for reproduction and breeding where deployed.
• Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the Supervisor
• Should have at least a Diploma in Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
• Should have a Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 3 credits in sciences with a combination of Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Agriculture or equivalent qualification.
• Should have basic knowledge of reproductive biology, animal breeding and behavior.
• Working experience of at least three (3) years in an organization related with animal breeding.
How to Apply
Closing date 6 May, 2020
All CV, applications and testimonials (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
The Executive Director
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre & Data Bank,
P.O. Box 183 Nsamizi Road, Entebbe
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Dr. Charles Lagu, PhD
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.