Meru University of Science and Technology Senior Technician (Software Developer) Jobs in Kenya
Meru University of Science and Technology Senior Technician (Software Developer) Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsMeru University of Science and Technology (MUST) was established by the Kenya Government under Legal Notice No. 103 of 18th July 2008 as a constituent college of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
The idea of establishing a University goes back many years to the time when Njuri Ncheke (Council of elders of Meru people) conceived an idea of establishing an institution of higher learning in Meru.
Consequently, the NJURI NCHEKE ELDERS set aside 641 acres of land near the Njuri Ncheke’s Shrine at Nchiru for the same.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare software code procedures as required by the product definition to enable successful software development.
• Troubleshoot computer applications and oversee security risks through regular check-ups for the department to ensure good functioning of the systems and better security.
• Participate in procurement of ICT software and equipment through provision of specification on items needed to ensure the right equipment are acquired by the institution.
• Manage and maintain applications and codes through documentation to ensure information availability.
• Participate in the implementation of disaster recovery plans through back-ups and documentation to ensure business continuity and better service delivery in the department.
• Maintain, repair and upgrade computer software in line with the current ICT professional practices to ensure optimal operations of computer software.
• Diagnose and fix problems or potential problems with the computer application in line with ICT documented procedures to ensure continuous functioning of ICT systems.
• Monitor computer applications through regular check-ups to improve performance.
• Contribute technical expertise in requirements analysis in line with current ICT professional practices and trends to enhance the quality of the solution design.
• Test and gather feedback by use of software testing tools to improve the quality of software and reduce operational risk of the developed applications.
• Undertake post-release activities through user feedback and software performance to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles to promote development of standard software.
• Participate in development of applications development proposals and documentation in line with the emerging technologies to ensure successful implementation of systems.
• Participate in presentation of applications development reports through available channels in order to ensure proper documentation of the development procedures.
• Develop institutional repository on applications developed for digital content through setting of the required infrastructure so as to promote quality teaching and learning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science.
• Over three (3) years’ experience working as a developer with Ms. Dynamics Navision.
• Strong Dynamics NAV Development experience, need to be an expert in C/AL C/Side programming.
• Experience with Dynamics NAV 2013 R2 or other recent versions.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work within teams or independently.
• Experience in .NET and SQL development.
How to Apply
Application should be accompanied by a detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, national identity card or passport, testimonials, copies of certificates, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts and any other relevant supporting documents.
Applicants must also submit valid clearances from the following bodies
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Higher Education Loans Board
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Registered Credit Reference Bureau
They should also provide names, telephone numbers and contact addresses of three referees.
Three (3) copies of the application and referees’ confidential reports on the applicants’ suitability for the post should be sent via registered mail or courier “marked with the reference number on the left hand corner of the envelope” and sent to the under-signed to be received on or before 5th June, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Applicants are also required to fill a job application summary form availed in the MUST website and send hard and soft copies (Microsoft word document) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Compulsory)
Applicants with foreign earned qualifications should have their certificates certified by the Commission for University Education.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Meru University of Science and Technology is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, Marginalized and Persons living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Vice Chancellor
Meru University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box, 972-60200
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.