Mercy Corps Program Assistant-Kampala Jobs in Uganda
Mercy Corps Program Assistant-Kampala Jobs in UgandaGeneral Position Summary Mercy Corps is looking for an experienced, qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Assistant to support the Program Officer in implementation of livelihood activities on targeting Urban refugees and host communities in Kampala.
The specific activities will include building positive relationships with local authorities, protection centres, ensure routine monitoring of activities, work planning and compiling activity reports and after-action-reviews to inform decision making processes.
S/he will be a creative, action-oriented, with strong experience in partnership management. .
Essential Job Responsibilities
• In liaison with the program officer, organize and support inception and follow up meetings with key stakeholders in the program areas.
• Liaise with consortium partners and other stakeholders to ensure that the intended participants, are targeted by the program as per the pre-established vulnerability criteria for registration to cause impact.
• Support in the development of the beneficiary registration tool as per the agreed upon livelihood pathways for the participants.
• Clean datasets, ensuring that graduated participants to are removed from eligibility.
• Conduct participants’ and merchant verifications, as well as standardized post-distribution monitoring
• Under guidance of the Program Officer and Senior MEL Officer, participate in any market assessments and baseline/end line surveys.
• Participate in routine data collection to track progress of livelihood initiatives within the program areas.
• Prepare and submit timely weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports that will be indicative of program progress during implementation.
• Respond to queries if and when necessary by ensuring that the complaints mechanism is functional and individual complaints are addressed.
• Maintain proper filing system with activity reports, attendance lists and pictures.
• Establish and maintain good coordination and working relationships with division authorities, representing Mercy Corps and soliciting participation in activities where appropriate and as directed.
• Ensure close coordination and sharing of information with relevant stakeholders such as KCCA division authorities, local authorities and implementing partners including NGOs and CSOs as appropriate and advised by the Program Manager.
• Work closely with the consortium partners, share and request for relevant information on the program.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian and development mission.
• Ensure participants’ protection policies are adhered to and implement post distribution monitoring and evaluation system to measure intended and unintended impacts, including monitoring of gender based violence
• Ensure data protection policies are adhered to, establishing security controls for software, hardware and archive participants’ databases.
As part of Mercy Corps Uganda’s commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit the program as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Reports Directly to: Program officer
Works Directly with: Senior MEL Officer, Program Officer, support teams and consortium partners.
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma in social sciences, development studies or related fields.
• Experience of at least one year working with communities to improve their livelihoods through savings and loan associations, micro enterprise grants, business linkages, social networking etc. is desirable.
• The candidate must possess good mobilization skills, Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills.
• The candidate must possess verbal and written communication skills with good command of the English language. Knowledge of other languages including Luganda, Kiswahili, French and Arabic is an added advantage.
• Computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated flexibility, creativity and enthusiasm as well as a willingness to learn and to be continually adaptive within a dynamic and often self-directed working environment mandatory.
• Proactive, problem-solving action orientation is essential.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Mercy Corps Program Assistant-Kampala Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.