Mercy Corps Gender and Youth Officer-Apolou Moroto Jobs in Uganda
Mercy Corps Gender and Youth Officer-Apolou Moroto Jobs in UgandaGeneral Position Summary The Gender and Youth Officer will work as part of the three gender officers and will report to the Gender and Youth Manager.
S/he will support the implementation of a five year cross sectoral gender integration strategy aimed at ensuring that the program activities result in equitable outcomes for male and female participants of different age groups, socio-economic background and abilities across target communities’
S/he will work closely with sector teams to ensure the effective and timely execution of gender-related , women and girl focused activities: Support the M&EL team to include a gender and youth perspective in research, mid-term and enline evaluations and to mainstream sex and age disaggregated and gender sensitive indicators into the overall M&EL framework. .
Essential Job Functions
• Support the Gender and Youth Manager with the planning and implementation of Apolou’s gender integration strategy and suggest ways to improve on the same.
• Support sectorally –focused gender and youth mainstreaming trainings and refresher trainings for all team members, consortium and partner organisation staff.
• Assist with assessment activities to ensure that team members apply a gender analysis and youth perspective in the collection, analysis, use and reporting of data.
• Maintain close communication about gender activities with teams during regular planning and coordination sessions.
• Identify the need for and supervise the implementation of activities designed to promote greater access ,inclusion and empowerment for traditionally excluded groups(Karimojong traders, adult women ,young males, adolescent girls, the elderly and people living with disabilities) in the areas of economic development ,maternal and child health, WASH and governance.
• Work closely with sector teams and build their capacity to deliver high quality gender and youth integration work.
• Provide substantive input into the design and implementation of Apolou’s gender behaviour change communication strategy, GBV, youth and adolescent work and engage in assigned community Outreach activities.
• Help translate and adopt all communication materials to the local language and context to increase effectiveness.
• Assist teams to identify and address barriers to recruiting and retaining female staff and to maintaining a gender –friendly work environment.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
• Provide on-going mentorships to teams on data collection processes for completeness, accuracy and timely submission.
• Work closely with project team leads and the M&EL team to ensure Apolou meets mercy corps gender minimum standards, and that SADD and gender sensitive data is regularly analysed and used to inform program decisions
• Conduct regular field visits to ensure that program activities are gender sensitive and in line with the strategy.
• Support and mentor communities, partners on data collection and use
External Representation and Coordination:
• Support Districts,subconuties and government ,regional and HQ based staff and external visitors such as donors and media in collaboration with the Gender Adviser and sector teams
• Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the local governments and sub counties and in particular with district CDO’s and Youth representatives in relevant districts to ensure strong collaboration and development Complementary joint monitoring ,evaluation and adoptive management structures where possible.
• Conduct himself or herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to mercy corps and not to jeopardise its humanitarian mission.
• Other duties assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in International development, Women’s studies, social sciences, gender or Comparable area of study.
• Atleast 3 years of working experience in youth, gender and development work, with a minimum of 1 year in field posting.
• Substantial professional background and experience conducting gender trainings, gender main streaming activities, GBV prevention and response and youth focus work.
• Someone with a good understanding /Knowledge of Moroto, Community and gender experience Skills.
• Ability to communicate in Ngakarimong language is highly desirable.
• Experience working in large scale complex programs and challenging environments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft office.
• Team player with excellent inter- personal skills.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Mercy Corps Gender and Youth Officer-Apolou Moroto Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.