Mercy Corps Finance Intern Jobs in Kenya
Mercy Corps Finance Intern Jobs in KenyaJob DetailsMercy Corps is a global humanitarian aid agency engaged in transitional environments that have experienced some sort of shock: natural disaster, economic collapse, or conflict.
General Program Summary
Mercy Corps’ AgriFin Program seeks to address the inclusion gap for smallholder farmers who lack access to affordable, accessible, demand-driven products and services that drive higher productivity and income for farm families.
The AgriFin program utilizes a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms leveraging digital channels to promote mass uptake commercially.
The program involves three interrelated components that seek to address low farmer productivity and capability, and improve institutional ability to deliver appropriate products and build ecosystems to drive scale.
We work with farmers, banks, mobile network operators, MFIs, research institutes and other ecosystem players in well-defined partnerships to sustainably bundle services, leveraging the offer and outreach of all partners, while increasing the range of services, access points and value for farmers.
The program works with partners to identify, prototype, test and scale successful digitally-enabled services for smallholders, with a key focus on expanding access to financial services, using a rapid iteration approach to product development and client-centric design techniques.
Our project goal is for smallholder farmers to gain full access to impactful, demand-driven, technology-enabled financial products, tools, channels and knowledge that significantly increase farm productivity and family income, delivered by vibrant ecosystems of diverse service providers.
Program operations are taking place five countries anchored around a central “Hub” office in Kenya, expanding to serve Tanzania, Zambia, Nigeria, and Ethiopia, with potential to expand to other Mercy Corps countries, globally.
The AgriFin program operates in five African countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Nigeria) utilizing a market ecosystem approach, working with carefully selected partners to build sustainable models, where farm and crop management tools and financial services are “bundled” in affordable, unified platforms on mobile phone channels to promote mass uptake commercially, with the goal of bringing services to one million smallholder farmers.
We are presently looking for a committed and dynamic graduate trainee to take up the position of a Finance Intern.
General Position Summary
The Finance intern will support the work of Finance functions of the AgriFin Program Office in Nairobi.
Working closely with Program, Operations and Finance, the Finance intern is instrumental in supporting program activities through his/her services.
The intern will work under the supervision of the Finance Manager .
Internship Assignment Responsibilities
• Assist in developing and maintaining an effective filing, archiving and record keeping systems both (hard copy & electronically) according to MC procedures.
• Prepare photocopies and scans of vouchers and other supporting documents required for HQ and donor reporting.
• Assist in ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
• Assist in ensuring efficient, timely and accurate recording, payment and tracking of accounts payable.
• Assist in management of the office cash and office cash levels as per the office Cash Management Policy.
• Maintain the cash advance tracking sheet, follow up on un-cleared advances and ensure advances are reconciling with general ledger records.
• Assist in preparing and processing bank payments via checks.
• Assist in preparing payment vouchers ensuring proper documentation and recording to accounting system on daily basis.
• Assist in monthly amortization entries of prepaid accounts, account maintenance and reconciliations as part of month end closeout process.
• Assist with audit related requirements.
• Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
• Other duties as assigned.
The intern will
• Gain experience in Finance and accounting Processes
• Gain experience in time management
• Learn communication skills
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any related field
• CPA (II) qualification will be an added advantage
• A good team player
• A good sense of humor
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a cover letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV) listing three professional referees (including a recent supervisor) to email@example.com on or before Tuesday 26th May 2020 by 5.00pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Applications without the right subject heading will be automatically disqualified.
Please do not attach any certificates.
(Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates)
Mercy Corps AgriFin Program does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.