Mercy Corps Economic Resilience Officer Jobs in Uganda
Mercy Corps Economic Resilience Officer Jobs in UgandaGeneral Position Summary The Economic resilience officer- will support the development and roll-out of sound implementation plans to Identify the best alternatives and advise producers on how to improve profitability by conducting cost benefit analysis of possible interventions and collection and documenting the evidence base for cost-effective approaches to disease control, surveillance for increased livestock production and productivity, and restoration of the adaptive and absorptive capacity livestock provide to vulnerable households.
Essential Job Responsibilities
• The Economic resilience officer will actively participate in the daily implementation of the development programming through supporting key stakeholders to ensure the desired outcomes and targeted behaviors are achieved at household level.
• The Economic resilience officer will support livestock producers to improve their household incomes through improved livestock health and production with clearly defined cost benefit analysis.
• The Economic resilience officer will provide training and assistance directly to targeted livestock farmers and entrepreneurs to help them assess the profitability of new potential activities, including agro-vets models, CAHWs services and livestock farmers
• The Economic resilience officer will also work with these farmers/entrepreneurs to track their actual profitability using standard cost/benefit modelling.
• He/she is responsible to participate in conducting feasibility studies and preparing the economic or cost benefit analysis for the proposed measures
• The intermediate goals are to examine the effectiveness of interventions to improve animal health systems in two districts in Karamoja, Amudat and Kaabong. To achieve this, the Economic Resilience officer will focus on collection and documenting the evidence base for cost-effective approaches to disease control, surveillance for increased livestock production and productivity, and restoration of the adaptive and absorptive capacity livestock provide to vulnerable households.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve - we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
• Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Ethics and Integrity
All Mercy Corps staff are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate the highest integrity in their professional and personal life.
Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Knowledge and Experience
• The ideal candidate, should hold a Degree in Agricultural Economics, Economics with major focus on resilience and livestock
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in livestock production or marketing activities especially in a rural or pastoral community.
• Working knowledge of Uganda’s economy and business environment, particularly in the context of rural development and Karamoja.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a wide range of partners; private sector, banks, government and civil society;
• Demonstrable quantitative skills, including familiarity with database management and analysis
• Proven skills in networking, assessing information needs and developing appropriate tools
• Proven skills in team work, holding community consultations and organizational development
• Excellent reporting, communication and representation skills
• This opportunity requires a result oriented and self-motivated individual capable of taking on complex challenges that can make a real difference in people’s lives.
• Willingness to work in the field with livestock producers, community animal health workers, kraal leaders, businesses in the value chain and communities;
• Good spoken and written English. Fluency in Ngakarimojong and Pokot is an advantage.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Mercy Corps Economic Resilience Officer Jobs in Uganda
Find jobs in Uganda. Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.