Medecins Sans Frontieres Electrician Jobs in Kenya
Medecins Sans Frontieres Electrician Jobs in Kenya MÃ©decins sans frontiÃ¨res (MSF) or Doctors Without Borders, is an international humanitarian-aid non-governmental organization (NGO) and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, best known for its projects in war-torn regions and developing countries facing endemic diseases.
Performing autonomously, complex / advanced installation and maintenance of electrical and other energy systems in all MSF facilities across the project (offices, health structures, warehouses, etc.), according to MSF standards and procedures, in order to ensure a proper functioning and maintenance of MSF equipment and installations.
• Planning and preparation of electrical layout for new hospital and accommodation area.
• Specification and order follow up for material and equipment
• Implementation and installation of electrical equipment and systems in the new hospital and accommodation area.
• Ensure 24/7 functioning of electrical installation
• Proper functioning of all electricity networks, hospital, health posts and accommodation area
• Ensuring all electrical installations in MSF facilities comply with MSF standards and performing autonomously and ensuring, all necessary complex / advanced electrical installations, maintenance and repairs, according to the supervisor’s instructions. This includes the following tasks :
• Carrying out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions and the coordination and execution of required tasks as well as installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by project.
• Elaborating the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects (plans, list of materials, etc.)
• Carrying out and updating the electrical installations inventory in MSF missions’ facilities and performing annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the project.
Executing any needed tests after any repair or maintenance.
• Making suggestions regarding any repair or maintenance work needed in MSF electrical installations and equipment and assisting logistics department with any urgent support/advice or any relative work needed
• Managing the stock of consumable items related to electrical installation, repairs and maintenance, filling in the stock cards, carrying out physical stock inventories, executing orders necessary for renewing stock, avoiding any shortage
• Responsible for the equipment and tools (including extinguishers), checking they are correctly and safely used, maintaining and renewing them when necessary and keeping the inventory updated.
• Keeping the working area clean and tidy.
• Ensuring that all record sheets and books related to maintenance are always completed and prepares needed reports before and after any repair or required maintenance.
• Education: Essential Electrician diploma or recognized formal training
• Experience: Previous working experience as an electrician required (minimum 2 years’ experience)
• Languages: English essential; Swahili and Somali desirable
• Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; Medecins Sans Frontieres Electrician Jobs in Kenya
Find jobs in Kenya. Jobs - Kenya jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Kenyan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Kenya.
Jobs in Kenya - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Kenya.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Kenya posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.