MDM Field coordinator (H/F) - Ethiopia Jobs
MDM Field coordinator (H/F) - Ethiopia Jobs
Tasks and Responsibilities: You report directly to the general coordinator and you manage directly 1 programme coordinator, 1 logistics manager, 1 administrative manager, 1 base opening logistician. The total team is around 15 members of staff.
You work closely with the coordination team in Addis Ababa, as well as project partners (MdM Germany and COOPI).
Your main responsibilities are:
• Ensure adequate information flow within the different departments as well as between the base and coordination team.
• Oversee and coordinate the general functioning of the base and all departments.
• Create and maintain a positive team spirit within the team and provide good working conditions.
• Support team members under direct supervision
Safety and security
• Create and routinely update the security package and annexes.
• Ensure that all staff and visitors are briefed on the security package and follow the rules.
• Ensure data collection about the safety and security in Oromia region, provide analyses and share all needed information with the general coordinator regularly.
• Alert the general coordinator without delay in case of impending danger or incident of teams or beneficiaries.
• Ensure timely and accurate security incident reports are sent to the general coordinator
• Contribute to the humanitarian monitoring of the region, in close collaboration with regional actors and the Addis Abeba coordination team.
• Ensure the implementation of the programme for MdM FR in the field and its follow-up in its different aspects.
• Ensure the coordination of all project partners (MdM Germany and COOPI), preparation and follow-up of the different MoUs, the general planning, implementing and monitoring of activities, information sharing, reporting.
• Work with the program coordinator, partners and coordination team to adjust operational approach and activities.
• Contribute and give inputs for the update of MdM strategy in Oromia region.
• Coordinate project evaluation on the base
Logistics, finance and administration
• Ensure the project compliance with donors and MdM procedures.
• Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical
MdM procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to.
• Ensure regular communications are maintained between the different departments and act as a mediator when necessary.
• Ensure that the procurement plan is consistent with the needs of the project activities.
• Be responsible for accurate budget control and overall responsibility for financial management of the project site in line with project proposal.
• Monitor expenditure and budget compliance on a regular basis.
• Monitor and develop plans to mitigate any under or over expenditure at project level
• Contribute to recruitment and selection of staff.
• Be responsible for disciplinary and grievance procedures.
• Carry out appraisals as per MdM standard requirements and procedures.
• Ensure all new team members are adequately briefed on arrival in the field, and departing team members are debriefed and provide end of mission reports when applicable.
• Ensure that all team members receive technical support.
• Ensure capacity building and training of national staff.
• Represent MdM and share information with the field and coordination teams.
• Ensure base staff active participation to sub cluster meeting and share information with respective technical coordinators.
• Build strong relationship with humanitarian actors working in the area.
• Participate in the organization and implementation of the visits for donors.
• Supervise and contribute to the monthly sitrep.
• Contribute to project proposition and reports to donors.
• Report on a monthly basis to partners and authorities on activities.
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, see; MDM Field coordinator (H/F) - Ethiopia Jobs
Find daily jobs in Ethiopia. Jobs - Ethiopia jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ethiopian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Ethiopia.
Jobs in Ethiopia - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs, business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs, and other careers in Ethiopia.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Ethiopia posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.