MCDI Malaria Technical Advisor/Specialist Jobs in Malawi
MCDI Malaria Technical Advisor/Specialist Jobs in Malawi
The International Division of Medical Care Development, MCDI was founded in 1977 with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non-profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence-based and high-impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. For almost 40 years, MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.
We are actively seeking a Malaria Technical Advisor/Specialist based in Malawi for the PMI Impact Malaria Malawi. The position will act as MCDI’s key representative within the project and will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of all malaria activities at the regional, district, and facility level for improved delivery of malaria-related services. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive collaborative relationships with in-country partners such as 1) PMI Impact Malaria Consortium (PSI/MCDI/Jhpiego/ UCSF/Global Health and Sciences/ MEI; 2) PMI/Country team and other PMI implementing partners; 3) Ministry of Health/National Malaria Control Program and other departments; 4) other stakeholders working in malaria, such as local NGO, private sector representatives, WHO country office, etc.
Essential Job Functions:
• Facilitating the establishment and development of laboratory services in Malawi to support and strengthen malaria diagnosis, including coordinating and participating in diagnostic evaluations relating to improved malaria diagnostic services.
• Providing laboratory technical support to PMI Impact Malaria/MCDI including overseeing laboratory technical activities and ensuring high quality of project implementation in Malawi.
• Developing and implementing training, continuing education and supervisory programs for laboratory staff to strengthen quality malaria diagnosis in Malawi, including the development of health learning materials.
• Participating in the development of national laboratory policies and guidelines addressing malaria diagnostics and their utilization.
• Developing and strengthening national quality assurance structures, systems and programs for laboratory staff to support malaria diagnostic activities.
• Participating, cooperating and liaising with all MCDI partners, and with governments, institutions of higher learning, universities, schools of medicine and related fields, and other health agencies, both national and international with the purpose of developing and promoting the PMI impact Malaria project.
• Representing MCDI at national, regional and international fora.
in developing and conducting operational research relating to the PMI impact Malaria project objectives; analyzing results and disseminating reports including publishing of scientific papers, and making presentations at national, regional and international meetings and conferences.
• Assist in the dissemination of the malaria case management (diagnostic and treatment) policy.
• Track and report on accomplishment of activities in the workplan.
• Submit weekly written /or verbal (during weekly calls) updates on the work undertaken under each of the areas described above, significant .
achievements, challenges, and plans for the coming week..
• Provide Case Management training and continued adaptation of materials for the enhanced case management (clinical and diagnostic) supervision process: Materials for the malaria case management (clinical and diagnostic) supervision process, based on mentoring concepts, will be drafted and vetted as needed with the NMCP.
• At least a Masters’ degree in biomedical Sciences preferable in medical parasitology.
• At least 5 years of professional experience in malaria, especially on diagnosis,
• Experience working with malaria donors such as USAID, World Bank, Global Fund, DFID will be preferred;
• Experience in writing scientific report, manuscript and peer-reviewed publications;
• Good interpersonal skills, team player and makes her/himself available as needed;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Must have General professional and technical proficiency in the English.
• Very proficient in the use of the standard Microsoft Office package with particular experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
Location: Lilongwe, Malawi
Position Type: Full-Time
Expected Position Start Date: April 1st, 2021
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and curriculum vitae to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales. Position will be open until filled.
Find Latest Jobs in Nigeria Today - Recruitment in Nigeria Job - Nigerian Jobs - in Nigeria - Job Vacancies in Nigeria
Search our career portal & find the latest Nigerian job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Nigeria.
Jobs in Nigeria - banking jobs in Nigeria, IT jobs in Nigeria, accounting jobs in Nigeria, NGO jobsin Nigeria, business administration in Nigeria, ICT jobs in Nigeria, UN jobs in Nigeria, procurement jobs in Nigeria, education jobs in Nigeria, hospital jobs in Nigeria, human resources jobs in Nigeria, engineering jobs in Nigeria, teaching jobs in Nigeria, and other careers in Nigeria.
Oil and Gas job vacancies in Nigeria, MTN jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria for fresh graduates.
Federal government jobs in Nigeria, job vacancies in Nigeria Federal Civil Service.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Nigeria posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Africa Jobs.