Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Jobs in Uganda
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer Jobs in UgandaJob Details
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital has received funding from USAID to implement a Government to Government project aimed at; piloting the concept of Regional Referral Hospitals as a center of excellence in HIV services delivery
promoting learning and adaptation to inform successful scale up of the pilot.
The specific outcomes expected are: Improved availability and quality of HIV services, strengthened systems to improve sustainability and accountability, and Collaborating, Learning and adapting throughout the life cycle of the project to support its success and any follow-on programming.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning officer will be responsible for the development and roll-out Of G2G program performance tools for effective program delivery.
He/She will be the RRH focal point to assist technical managers in the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Accountability and learning aspect of their respective programs and build the capacity of field staff in effective use of the data management tools and reporting templates.
The position will be responsible for generating periodic programs implementing reports and assessment reports. .
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Develop and implement robust monitoring and evaluation systems that will ensure tracking of project/ program results at different levels (outputs, outcomes and impact).
• Develop/adopt an integrated database of projects/ programs and ensure accountability through regular data updates and conducting performance reviews.
• Periodic collection of data needed for an effective MEAL system which will be utilized in monitoring strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing projects/ programs and services and for reporting on donor commitments.
• Develop and review existing data collection tools. Maintain and update the overall indicator tracker based on submissions
• Develop M&E plans for all projects and proposals and ensure the same is followed up during Implementation;
• Ensure all grants have updated work-plan and performance management plan (PMPs) in tandem with all approved proposals, regularly reviewing and updating as needed
• Carry out data quality assessments/ audits regularly for MEAL data based on agreed indicators to guide decision making.
• Provide alert to the respective program officers/ managers, on corrective actions required to avoid delays in implementation, including flagging operational issues and risks requiring timely actions.
• Review monthly progress reports from partners and ensure they have evidence to back-up and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
• Ensure that cross cutting issues such as participation, gender, age and disability are effectively
• Ensure that Mbarara G2G learns from all final evaluations of completed projects for decision making and improvement of project designs.
• Assist in the development of TOR for external surveys and recruitment of consultants. Coordinate the review of all survey reports prepared to ensure quality and accurate reporting.
• Timely plan and initiate all pre and post intervention assessments, KAP surveys, After Action Reviews.
• Provide relevant evidence for learning from projects, share learning and provide constructive comments to colleagues in order to ensure program quality.
• Build capacity of staff through training to ensure adoption of new data monitoring tools and quality of data collected.
• Keep abreast of new approaches and tools on M&E, and provide training to staff as requested.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Social sciences, information technology, Demography, and Population Studies. A postgraduate qualification in M&E is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience of statistical packages and/ or data analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Excel, Epi Info, SMART, STATA 01) and advanced computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are a must;
• At least 2 years' direct experience in a position of monitoring and evaluation of large scale Projects will be an added advantage.
• Strong experience in conducting research studies including the entire evaluation cycle, from design and formulation to implementation, analysis and presentation of results and recommendations;
• Good Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
• Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a multicultural team environment.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing either health care or social protection program is an added advantage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should download public service form 3 (PSF 3) and fill out three copies which should be hand delivered to Mbarara RR Hospital Registry on the following address before June 10th 2020.
The Hospital Director
Mbarara Regional Referral Hospital
P.O.Box 40 Mbarara
Applications should be accompanied by certified copies of academic and professional certificates A photocopy of the national Identification card.
Each PSF 3 should have a passport photo attached. Online applicants should scan one copy of the PSF 3 and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
They should also attach all the certified academic documents, a copy of the national identification card For further inquiries, please call 0782646451, 0782063951.
Find jobs in Uganda.Jobs - Uganda jobs. Search our career portal & find the latest Ugandan job positions, career opportunities & jobs in Uganda.
Jobs in Uganda - banking jobs, IT jobs, accounting jobs, NGO jobs,business administration, ICT, UN jobs, procurement jobs, education jobs, hospital jobs, human resources jobs, engineering, teaching jobs,and other careers in Uganda.
Find your dream job from 1000s of vacancies in Uganda posted and updated daily - click here!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Job Vacancies in Africa.